Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0959  (Read 2031 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0959
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0959
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »
Carolyn's fine with Bruno wandering around the place.   If Carolyn's philosophy of life could be put into words, I think it would be: "I'm okay with anything or anybody if it helps the story move along smoothly, otherwise I'm very skeptical."   

Collinwood is littered with empty cottages and houses, even though the mansion is the size of an aircraft carrier, and would hold everyone the Collinses might want to put up.   I didn't differentiate between Jeb's place and Chris's until now.

And that's all apparently.   No more notes.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:37:07 AM »
Carolyn is back! Yay! I so miss those bouncy, flippy curls though.

Love David’s watch. Had something similar ages ago myself. Wide studded leather… buckles… It was the cat’s meow in them days.

Is Bruno’s hair higher than Elizabeth’s?

Ack! Sabrina! If she hadn’t put her hair up in rollers, she would have resembled that spooky housekeeper from House on Haunted Hill (the original version, thank you very much).

Cancel earlier observation regarding Bruno’s tall hair. Sabrina’s new do is higher than everybody’s.

That fur coat of Bruno’s is just plain wrong. What kind of a fashion statement is he trying to convince us of?

As I stated earlier, I haven’t been watching these episodes, so just why is Bruno on Chris’ case?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 01:18:04 AM »
Janet-- Jeb's told Bruno that werewolves are the Leviathans' worst enemies, so he wants to protect Jeb, and when Chris was revealed to be Sabrina's boyfriend, he bacame suspect #1 to Bruno.  Earlier, Bruno witnessed the werewolf sparing Sabrina in the woods, and I think he heard her talking to the werewolf as someone who cared about him.   Since then Bruno's had his eye on Sabrina.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 02:29:30 AM »
If Carolyn's philosophy of life could be put into words, I think it would be: "I'm okay with anything or anybody if it helps the story move along smoothly, otherwise I'm very skeptical."

That's marvelous!!

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 04:20:23 AM »
Janet-- Jeb's told Bruno that werewolves are the Leviathans' worst enemies, so he wants to protect Jeb, and when Chris was revealed to be Sabrina's boyfriend, he bacame suspect #1 to Bruno.  Earlier, Bruno witnessed the werewolf sparing Sabrina in the woods, and I think he heard her talking to the werewolf as someone who cared about him.   Since then Bruno's had his eye on Sabrina.

Ah, yes. I remember now from the first time I slogged through this mess. Thank you, allmighty soul saver.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 04:39:47 AM »
Hey, saving souls is what a Trask does....  as is thinking of ourselves as almighty!   (A joke, not fanfic)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:56 AM »
2/26/70

And thus we began one of the worst contrived and all out hated storylines on DS from what I have heard through the years!  I don't think I have ever met anyone who liked the return of [spoiler]Peter Bradford [/spoiler] storyline in my almost 20 years in fandom.

“And all of the sudden the bloook…the book!” David  Great blooper!
Is that the Petofi hand box in the hallway?

Does anyone know what kind of poster David has on his wall??  It looks like Quentin—the blue and yellow one!?

Bruno's hair is out of control!

I do like Sabrina's short hair (which I think is a wig) as it's very pretty and becoming.  I see they have given her a makeover courtesy of Carolyn which was very nice of her as others have pointed out.  She sure got her makeover quickly.  Carolyn must have had one of her drag queen friends on hand.

I sure wouldn't want to live in Collinwood with all those nosy people.

As usual Don is looking cute as a button!  Bruno as usual is gonna stick his nose where it does not belong.  Chains and handcuffs Bruno!?  Maybe Chris is just a kinky guy!  ;)  Did anyone see a stage hand or possibly actor walking around (in the distance) in front of Chris's window??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 06:50:13 AM »
You know what? Had Collinsport been located in South Carolina, the Leviathans would have been eliminated by the KKK, Barnabas would have been staked, Angelique burnt to a cinder, Maggie would still be working at a diner, Roger Davis would have gotten his ass kicked, Liz and Roger would have resided at Tara, and David would definitely not be allowed to talk back. Oh, and everybody would have gone to church. And nobody's hair would have turned gray. Unless they ate chitlins, anyway.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 08:37:29 PM »
Did anyone see a stage hand or possibly actor walking around (in the distance) in front of Chris's window??

Me...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 06:48:47 PM »
Yes, I saw that somebody-or-other, too.  I tried to convince myself that it was lightning or something, but in vain.

Sabrina went through a transformation today, nicer than the one Chris goes through at the full moon.  That, I suppose, should create a link between Chris and Sabrina, but so far I'm seeing zero chemistry between  them.  All I'm seeing is memories of misery.  Oh, and Sabrina's talent for saying the wrong thing.  "I want this to be a very special night for us."  I thought that was code for "Tonight we're going to finally sleep together."   But apparently Chris didn't read it that way.  Later, she started talking about "man and wife," and Chris should have said, "Oh, I just remembered I have an appointment tonight.  Bye!"

And thus we began one of the worst contrived and all out hated storylines on DS from what I have heard through the years!  I don't think I have ever met anyone who liked the return of [spoiler]Peter Bradford [/spoiler] storyline in my almost 20 years in fandom.
Actually, this time around it seems like a reasonably logical development to me.  But more on that when we get to the reveal.

And nobody's hair would have turned gray. Unless they ate chitlins, anyway.
Especially Mrs. Johnson's New England Boiled Chitlins.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »
I don't know how David Henesy managed to keep a straight face while Bruno was struggling with the noose.  Granted, I watched it last night in a Nyquil haze, but I thought Bruno's flailing was so unintentionally hysterical.  He did a couple of spins over to the dresser where each swipe of his arm made contact with the stuff on top, threw himself into the wall and almost took it out, crossed the room and launched himself onto his butt on the desk, jumped back off and collapsed onto the floor.  Of course, in true DS fashion, he had use of his voice the whole time.

Sabrina:  "[Bruno] makes me feel uncomfortable. He seems like the kind of person who can't be trusted."
Carolyn:  "Yes, I felt the same way about him when I first met him, but now that I've seen him a few times, I'm convinced he's completely harmless."
Well, Carolyn's infatuation with Jeb has already caused us to question her judgment, so I can't say this came as a surprise.

Carolyn to Bruno:  "Every once in a while, [Chris] gets very moody and just disappears for a few days. I guess he just goes off to be by himself for a while."
Chris has PMS?  Oh wait, I get it.  Never mind.

Bruno, after finding chains and handcuffs in Chris' drawer:  "Ohh, I know a lot about you, and I surmise a great deal more. ... You are I are going to spend a good deal of time together, Mr. Jennings. ... Together, you and I are going to watch the full moon rise."
Mm hmmm.

Is that the Petofi hand box in the hallway?

Yep.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 08:42:23 PM »
Ack! Sabrina! If she hadn’t put her hair up in rollers, she would have resembled that spooky housekeeper from House on Haunted Hill (the original version, thank you very much).

Oh you ARE wicked!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »
We certainly know what Sabrina wants, Chris might too also, unless the curse is just an excuse.

[spoiler]Maybe RD was the only person available, or just that Dan Curtis wanted to give him
some work.[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
Had Collinsport been located in South Carolina, the Leviathans would have been eliminated by the KKK, Barnabas would have been staked, Angelique burnt to a cinder, Maggie would still be working at a diner, Roger Davis would have gotten his ass kicked,

Why would RD's butt been kicked?

Patti
What a Woman!