Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0956  (Read 1249 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0956
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:22:28 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0956
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:31:15 AM »
Karlen VO, welcome back Willie.... he tries not to speak with his accent, something I think he didn't master until Desmond, though he does well here.   Can anyone tell me what region JK's accent comes from?

Q thinks the micro-tryst with Maggie might make Maggie seem "disloyal to Barnabas".... suddenly Barn and Maggie are involved now?   ***  I like ECS's cold politeness.

Hey there Willie!   Yes, you're right of course Willie, Liz was always your very good friend before...   It's Maggie's Leviathan Lock-Up #2....   This scene's a bit on the weird side:   Mag cries "Willie!!  Willie Loomis!!!"   ... then they hug.   Willie says not to worry, 'cause Willie always can get you out of a fix, or words to that effect...  Yeah, he always solves everything!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:48:30 AM »
2/23/70

I like the shots of Quentin and M. Of course Amy and and her nosey Nancy (Amy) is sticking it where it doesn’t belong!  I am convinced she is evil cause DN is just too good!   LOL  Those too must have been slapped with the horny spell cause they cannot keep their hands off of one another. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:26:14 AM »
 It's Maggie's Leviathan Lock-Up #2.... 
No, #3.  Michael locked her up in the secret passages at Collinwood, Jeb put her in the crypt - which may not have been technically a lock-up, since Zombie Davenport was guarding her, and I'm not sure the crypt was actually locked, but I'm counting it anyway - and now we've got her in the Tower.  I don't get the impression that she has learned from her previous experiences.  If I were she, I'd keep some power bars in my pocket, just in case.  And a collapsible chamber pot.

It's interesting to see the wavering of Elizabeth.  Being a woman of character, however, she forges forward and does her Leviathan duty.  Amy, on the other hand, has no doubts whatsoever, but she might have some if she were told to harm Chris.

It's great to see Willie again, and I hope Joan Bennett and John Karlen had as much fun doing their scene together in the foyer as I had watching it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
If I were she, I'd keep some power bars in my pocket, just in case.  And a collapsible chamber pot.

After reading that, I thought to myself that Maggie also should have an escape kit on her person, skeleton key, tools, etc..  Then I made myself LOL, by imagining Maggie locked away once more, then the music from "The Wild Wild West" plays, those bass notes we hear the moment James West pulls his escape tools out of his boot or shoe, then Maggie does the same!    Dum... dum dum...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0956 / was Re: Robservations 5/28/03 - #956-957
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
First of all, I would like to apologize for not keeping up with this thread. The fact is real life has kept me horrendously busy and I can't bear watching any episodes that feature Jeb Hawkes. Nothing against Chris Pennock. I adore him as the Jekyll/Hyde character, but Jeb Hawkes is such an ass. Beyond an ass. He's a downright mule.

All right. Everybody's hair in this episode sucks. Don't have a clue as to what was going on with Willie's hair. Maybe it was left over from JK's stint as Carl Collins? I dunno. But it seems like the hair styles in this episode were formulated after Mrs. Gumby. Very clay-like and very unreal. One would tend to think that Willie would have taken extra care in his appearance as he was engaged. JK was a handsome guy. He has admitted this much. So what is with the hair???
And what is with that bizarre dress that Maggie is wearing? Is the belt thing supposed to reflect that she's a black belt? Her do is so poofed up, I expected at any time that worker bees would appear, bringing in honey for the comb.

JK smooching into the phone was hilarious. Was JK indeed that mushy, or was he in effect portraying Willie's emotions as he interupted them? I dunno. I kissed John once, and it wasn't that grand.

The whole shadow/Leviathon thing is stupid to me, hence my neglect in posting. Sorry fans of that story line. But it's so lame!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »
Life gets in the of fannish things sometimes doesn't it?  However, we are so happy to have you back dear heart! ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 04:46:48 AM »
The whole shadow/Leviathon thing is stupid to me, hence my neglect in posting. Sorry fans of that story line. But it's so lame!

Whatsamattah, break your mock bone?   Make fun of it!    And welcome back, Janet!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »
Must.  Catch.  Up.

There's a phone on the table in the Collinwood foyer.  You just know that somebody is going to use it...
Yep...
Willie:  "Oh, ::smooch:: ::smooch:: Oh, well you know I can't help it, Precious. Oh, I mean, your ol' William, he wants to be with you so bad, but I just gotta wait. Well sure, I'll hurry. I mean, I'll get back as soon as I can. [Liz:  'Willie Loomis!'] Hey, I gotta go now. Oh, ::smooch:: ::smooch::"
Ol' William is giving smoochies to his hoochie, I love it!  And that was the only quote I jotted down.  What does that say about the ep, and me?  [ghost_wink]

Karlen VO, welcome back Willie.... he tries not to speak with his accent, something I think he didn't master until Desmond, though he does well here.   Can anyone tell me what region JK's accent comes from?
Brooklyn.  But he spent the time since playing Carl on the West Coast, which might explain why he has lost some of the accent.

suddenly Barn and Maggie are involved now?
I know!!  I like that the writers bothered to let their current relationship unfold, starting with a mutual interest in Carolyn's welfare that grew into a close friendship, and then kicking it into high gear with the return of Barnabas' bloodlust, but now they're telling us that he loves her, and I'm having a problem with that.

Maggie...Her do is so poofed up, I expected at any time that worker bees would appear, bringing in honey for the comb.
LOL

Great comments, all.  You're so funny, Taeylor.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
I can't bear watching any episodes that feature Jeb Hawkes. Nothing against Chris Pennock. I adore him as the Jekyll/Hyde character, but Jeb Hawkes is such an ass.

Trust me, you're not alone in that. And I love Pennock's other characters - especially 1840/41's Gabriel.  [thumb]