Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0675  (Read 1293 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0675
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:19:53 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0675
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:58:11 PM »
Barnabas may think Chris is innocent, but I don't.  How many people has the werewolf killed over the years?  Mr. Wells at the Inn can't have been the first.  Chris must know of many more.  I suppose that Joe's reaction to what happened to Chris is supposed to tell us that Chris did not have the option of proactively going to the police and confessing all and demonstrating all - but I don't believe it.

I forgot to look for the bandage on Barnabas's right hand today, but I didn't notice it, so it probably - probably - wasn't there.

You know, Sheriff Patterson used to be smarter.  Can you imagine Dana Elcar's Patterson  laughing away a night of drinking oneself into a blackout?

I'm wondering if Carolyn would have been so grief-stricken over Donna's death if she hadn't said something not-so-nice about Donna behind Donna's back.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 03:06:48 PM »
This is the last we see of Sheriff Patterson, which for him is a good thing because...

[spoiler]his successor, Sheriff Davenport didn't fare so well![/spoiler]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 03:26:37 AM »
I wonder is the writers had instructions saying Julia will be the voice of reason, but Barnabas will completely disregard everything she says. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:49:40 AM »
This is the last we see of Sheriff Patterson, which for him is a good thing because...

[spoiler]his successor, Sheriff Davenport didn't fare so well![/spoiler]

Well, at least he kept busy... I'll bet he lost his pension though.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 05:24:21 AM »
Hee hee, Magnus!

We don't see him, but Sheriff Patterson still has the job almost through to the very end of 1969 because in #913 Roger is seen trying to get him on the phone.  But when [spoiler]Paul asks to be taken to the police station[/spoiler] in #917, the brand new guy is there waiting for him.  [hdscrt]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »
This is the last we see of Sheriff Patterson...
Here's the milestone for that. [milestone] Another possible milestone: IIRC, this episode was the first time the morgue was shown. [milestone]

It was fun to observe just how long it took for Donna's purse to be found under that newspaper. Chris did a really bad job of covering it up, but he had no choice. It was surprising that Sheriff Patterson didn't notice what Chris had done, though. I agree that this Sheriff Patterson was not as bright. I think that if Dana Elcar were still in the role, Chris's "cover-up" would have been discovered. DE's Sheriff was very smart. It was especially fun to watch just how long it took for Julia to find the purse under the newspaper. I actually was starting to think of the purse as another character, like [spoiler]Burke's pen[/spoiler] was! [hall2_cheesy]

I noticed a blooper in this episode. [signerror] Carolyn told Sheriff Patterson that Chris had been living at the cottage for several weeks. That isn't right, because Chris moved in only one week before, in episode #670. [hall2_rolleyes]

I like the dichotomy between Barnabas and Julia. Barnabas was the one with the "wacky ideas", and Julia was the "sensible one". I also enjoyed the end, when Barnabas was waiting in the dark to confront Chris with his werewolf secret. It reminded me of when Julia was waiting in the dark to confront Barnabas with his vampire secret! Barnabas was on opposite ends of that equation. [hall2_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
Patterson just barely escaped then, he was one lucky character on DS, thats for sure!

I wonder how he felt when he learned about his successor's fate.

We don't see him, but Sheriff Patterson still has the job almost through to the very end of 1969 because in #913 Roger is seen trying to get him on the phone.  But when [spoiler]Paul asks to be taken to the police station[/spoiler] in #917, the brand new guy is there waiting for him.  [hdscrt]/quote]