Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0590  (Read 935 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0590
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:09:22 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0590
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »
I had to laugh when Willie told Barnabas he wished he knew what to say to Maggie.  He's never had any problem saying anything and everything to her before!

It was a pleasure to see Julia being so curt with Adam today.  I sat listening to dialogue between the two of them, and thought of how the delivery might have been softened.  I'm so very glad that it wasn't.

Previously I hadn't noticed the explanation given for Eve not having scars.  It's very neat, killing two birds with one stone, because it also gives an excuse for not uncovering the body until it comes to life.  Somewhere around now, Dark Shadows management is holding auditions for the mate, and a certain actress is brushing her hair and observing, and figuring out what is wanted.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 09:31:28 PM »
It was nice to see Julia talk nicely to Adam (especially considering he yet again was behaving like an fully grown, overbearing, insufferable spoiled brat).  [ghost_rolleyes]

What is with Adam implying that Barnabas didn't know what love was? Adam does know that Barnabas loves Vicki. That is why Adam kidnapped her and threatened to kill her. Seems to me he still has much to learn.  [ghost_sleep]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »
The one thing Adam can't learn to be right now is how to be an adult, because that takes more time than a few months, no matter how amazing your brain is supposed to be.   He needs to acquire self-respect and humility at the same time, in a balanced way, to get him through the rough years he has ahead of him "growing up".    Nick is having him expand the former too much, at the expense of the latter. 

When you're a kid and think the simple little life-lessons you think you're learning trump everyone else's years of experience, then you stop growing and you shut the door on any more learning.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 08:45:30 AM »
I really hated Adam in this episode for being so self-centered and demanding.  [ghost_angry] He wouldn't let Julia out of the house to tend to a "patient" (Maggie, of course). Adam was acting very childish and unreasonable. What if Julia's "patient" was deathly ill, and would die if Julia didn't tend to her? Adam had no concern for anyone but himself, and nothing else but that experiment.  [ghost_mad]

Barnabas, Julia, and Willie were in a quandary, having to deal with both Adam and Maggie.   [ghost_undecided]

I love it when John Karlen does the voice-over! [luv]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 05:37:35 AM »
I liked what everyone said. Julia almost made it out the door.

I think that Adam was scared, that is why he acted that way. But that still doesn't make that right. Julia treated Adam like a child, probobly  how she would treat any child. I think Adam didn't want people to know that he was scared.

I have one question, with the generator down there. Why did they still have to use the candles.  The generator had to be pretty big to use all that power.  That just didn't make sense.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 06:08:21 AM »
I kept thinking to myself, Shoot Him ...Shoot Him....if only Wilie could kill Adam. [hall2_grin] [hall2_grin] [hall_grin]

I always feel sorry for Willie, he does screw everything up...just liked he said.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books