Author Topic: The Continuing Conundrum of the "CN" Cuff Links  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
The Continuing Conundrum of the "CN" Cuff Links
« on: August 01, 2003, 08:47:08 PM »
Hey gang,

Barnabas was sure quick to surmise that those "CN" cuff links belonged to the mysterious Claude North.  Nevertheless, shouldn't Mr. B. have given some thought to the possibility that "CN" might have been some other person?

For example, how about the Parallel Time counterparts for these good folks:

1. Chuck Norris - the renowned karate maven
2. Carry Nation the great temperance crusader
3. Chester Nimitz - heroic Navy admiral
4. Charlie Neal -former Dodger second baseman
5. Czar Nicholas - deposed grand ruler of Russia

Can you think of any other possible "CN's" that may be tied to Roxanne, the enigmatic young woman with the same Jane Fonda "shag hair" style look from the flick, "Klute"?

Bob the Bartender, who wonders if PT Collinsport already had "CNN" on their cable system?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:The Continuing Conundrum of the "CN" Cuff Links
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 09:19:56 PM »
Carrie Nye....actress and married to Dick Cavett.
She and her husband recently directed the restoration of their fire-damaged historic house on Montauk....she'd be excellent to have around to supervise the rennovation of that very peculiar room at Collinwood....and she probably has at least ONE blouse with French cuffs!  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 09:45:35 PM »
Carrie Nye, of course!  I happened to be watching that PBS program on the restoration of her house out on Long Island and who (or whom?) do I see standing with Ms. Nye on the porch of her magnificent home?  Why, none other then the late, great Louis Edmonds!

Apparently, Mr. Edmonds was a longtime friend of the Cavets.  It was both terrific and sad to see Mr. Edmonds appear on the program, knowing that this was probably his last appearance on television back in 2001 before he died.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 10:06:57 PM »
Leave it to me to read all about the PBS program AND the house restoration.....and then completely forget to either tape or watch the thing.....Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Now I'm even madder than I was before.....thanks, Roberto.  >:(
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 10:25:08 PM »
Wow! other folks know about Carrie Nye. . well i guess that head turning moment in Creepshow did win her a lotta fans! I read about the house in Architectural Digest .. .i guess it's interesting but also a bit pretentious i thought, perhaps the video would change my mind. . .
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 02:49:45 AM »
2. Carry Nation the great temperance crusader

And Carrie Nation would have been wearing cuff links because?  [confused_ani]

Are you trying to imply that she was preaching temperance because of frustions in a certain other part of her life?  [9341]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 03:02:48 AM »
I read about the house in Architectural Digest .. .i guess it's interesting but also a bit pretentious i thought, perhaps the video would change my mind. . .

I read about it in the Times, so I don't know what A/D could have said to make it sound pretentious.  The original house was part of a historic planned community and no choice would have been permitted except as close a reconstruction as possible to the original.  For which, I'm certain, the residents of Montauk are profoundly grateful, given the House Horrors routinely built out there.
Dylan Thomas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 04:42:04 PM »
And Carrie Nation would have been wearing cuff links because?  [confused_ani]

Are you trying to imply that she was preaching temperance because of frustions in a certain other part of her life?  [9341]

I guess that I'll just have to toss those old tried-and-true I-Ching wands on the table, to hopefully see what Ms. Nation was all about.

And here it comes... the 48th Hexagram,  the hexagram of high moral rectitude, of course! (What else?)

PS to Raineypark: Sorry about that!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 09:50:23 PM »
And here it comes... the 48th Hexagram,  the hexagram of high moral rectitude, of course! (What else?)

Gee, I hadn't heard of that hexagram before - but isn't it funny how the right hexagram always seems to come up when it's needed? [lol2]