Author Topic: Real Time Quentin: A Big-Time Blabbermouth!  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Real Time Quentin: A Big-Time Blabbermouth!
« on: July 25, 2003, 12:06:49 AM »
Hey gang,

I can just see the late, great Ralph Kramden venting in exasperation at the sight of Quentin shooting off his over-sized mouth in the so-called Parallel Time room.  Said Mr. Q. Collins to Dr. J. Hoffman: "If those people know anything about vampires and they suspect that he (Barnabas) is one, he's as good as dead."  Oy vey!  What a blabbermouth, indeed!

You know, with "friends" like Quentin, Barnabas does not need any enemies!  And, excuse me, but didn't Mr. B. instruct Julia to lock the doors so no one could get into the frequently changeable room?  So, what the heck are Julia and the obviously loquacious Quentin doing in the room, yapping their mouths off about Barnabas' "condition"?  Didn't it occur to either of them (but, especially Julia) that someone in the other band of time might overhear their candid discussion?

Oh yeah, I got a big laugh when Quentin opined to Julia that Barnabas was "pushing his luck too far!"  Hey, it'a good thing that the Q-Man was never entrusted with the plans for Overlord, the Allies' ultra-secret plan for the invasion of Europe.  Heck, with Quentin's Grand Canyon-like mouth, Hitler would have been waiting on Normandy Beach with the entire German army on June 6, 1944!!!

Quentin should try and remember the old World War II admonition: "Loose lips, sink ships!"  I'm sorry, Annie, but  Quentin really bummed me out today, for Christ's sake!

Bob the Bartender, who, at a very young age, learned all-too-well, the importance of "omerta."

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Real Time Quentin: A Big-Time Blabbermouth!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 03:08:59 AM »
Try not to be TOO upset with the man, Bob.  He was just carrying out his designated assignment: when a secret needs to be kept on a soap opera, someone invariably will shout it from the rooftops.

And when it's desperately important that some information be revealed,  the entire cast developes hysterical muteness.  It's been that way since I started watching "As The World Turns" with my Mom about 150 years ago. [lghy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 04:02:17 AM »
One thing that bothers me, if this is the room that has the secret ability to change and at times carry the wrong people to the wrong time band, why does it not happen more frequently.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 04:52:19 AM »
Grrrrr!!  I hate that part!  The previous times with Julia revealing about Barnabas and a curse are bad enough.  I can never figure out what they're doing in the room?  She didn't want Barnabas to stay there and get back to PT, yet they keep walking in there (perhaps she DOES want it to happen!).  But then, to talk about the most secret things in THAT room, unbelievable stupidity from both of them!!!

[bnghd] [bnghd]

And, given that the word vampire has almost never been spoken on the show, this has to be one of the times they explicitly say what they're talking about!!!
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 02:37:35 PM »
That's what I was thinking, Josette.  They know that people from one band or another can see in and hear at any unexpected time, and yet they go in there and spill all the beans.  Why not just write:  "Barnabas Collins is a vampire" on a standing chalkboard and leave it in there and save themselves the time.  Then maybe they can actually go out and buy that much-needed TV set to entertain themselves.  They've already missed an entire season of The Mod Squad.

Gerard

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 03:14:08 PM »
Try not to be TOO upset with the man, Bob.  He was just carrying out his designated assignment: when a secret need to be kept on a soap opera, someone invariably will shout it from the rooftops.

And when it's desperately important that some information be revealed,  the entire cast developes hysterical muteness.  It's been that way since I started watching "As The World Turns" with my Mom about 150 years ago. [lghy]

Raineypark,

It's patently obvious that neither Quentin nor Dr. Julia Hoffman grew up in an Italian-American family.  Heck, you'd have thought that either of them would have learned "omerta" just from watching the wonderful Kay Ballard on the immortal TV show, "The Montefusco's."  What an infamita!

Bob the Bartender

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 03:25:30 PM »
Now you've done it, Bob.....you've made me conjure up the image of Carmela Soprano showing up at Collinwood....riccota pie in hand. [lghy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 03:35:27 PM »
Raineypark,

What is it that the great Pat Cooper once said: "You don't have to be Italian-American to hate "The Montefusco's."?

Bob the Bartender, President of the "Botch-A-Galupe" Fan Club from the classic "Abbott & Costello TV Show.

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 03:36:38 PM »
One thing that bothers me, if this is the room that has the secret ability to change and at times carry the wrong people to the wrong time band, why does it not happen more frequently.

It also seems odd that PT people do not stumble into RT.  I can just see Hoffman in the kitchen washing dishes when Mrs. Johnson ask her what she is doing.  Hoffman looks at Mrs. Johnson and says who the heck are you?  It seems that only RT people can move back and forth and PT people are stuck in their own time band. ???
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2003, 03:44:01 PM »
Bob the Bartender, President of the "Botch-A-Galupe" Fan Club from the classic "Abbott & Costello TV Show.

How appropriate it would have been to have had an Italian neighbor at Collinwood, named Bacciacalupo......especially in 1897.

The name means "kiss of the wolf". [lghy]
Dylan Thomas

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2003, 04:52:57 PM »
It also seems odd that PT people do not stumble into RT.  I can just see Hoffman in the kitchen washing dishes when Mrs. Johnson ask her what she is doing.  Hoffman looks at Mrs. Johnson and says who the heck are you?  It seems that only RT people can move back and forth and PT people are stuck in their own time band. ???

I often wondered about that myself, that people in all the alternate universes should be able to travel.  Diana Gabaldon, who's written romance/adventure/time travel books, handled the problem of large numbers of people travelling around by having it dependent on a having a certain gene.

I think it would have been a riot if people from all sides could cross over back and forth.

The writers may have been under too much pressure to think of it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 11:38:13 PM »
Poor Q-man he tries so hard.  Oh
well i guess the man didn't mean
any harm.      Anne ??? :(
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 09:22:16 PM »

That's a good question Onxy_Treasure.  I would love to have seen the "two Angeliques" bump into each other!  Could you imagine?

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2003, 10:39:03 PM »
I would love to have seen the "two Angeliques" bump into each other!  Could you imagine?

I'd imagine that if they ever got into a violent confrontation, RT Ang would wipe PT Ang out of existence within the blink of an eye. ;)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2003, 03:25:47 PM »
Oh, If PT Angelique met RT Angelique, I think she would have turned to her and said

"What the h*ll do you see in him",  meaning of course Barnabas.

RT Angie would answer, " Spend a night with him on an island and you would understand."

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth