Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0573  (Read 1586 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0573
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0573
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »
They slipped up on the closing credits today - put the crew before the cast, and for a couple of seconds I thought we wouldn't get a set behind the credits.

Yesterday the afghan wasn't on the sofa, but today it was.  Was it at the cleaners yesterday?

Why didn't Joe ask Maggie to tie him up?  Or at the very least tie him to something that would make a loud noise if Joe tried to move too far.  It may be that Joe, when summoned by Angelique, would have managed to untie himself very very quietly - but at least it was worth a shot.

Nicholas was subtly - or perhaps not so subtly - pushing Maggie towards a formal break-up with Joe today.  It was instructive, but I think he was a little too obvious.  On the other hand, maybe he's intentionally putting himself forward as one who is very, very willing to fill any gap left by Joe - but I still think he wasn't as clever as usual.  The way he pointed out Joe's absence at the end of the episode was appropriately dramatic for a soap opera, but in Maggie's shoes I would have been sort of ticked off.  Nicholas should have said something like, "Oh, did Joe get up to get himself a drink of water?"  Instead, he acted triumphant.  Not exactly endearing of him.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:35:57 AM »
I'm glad that Barnabas was able to break the spell and convince Joe to go to Maggie's house. Too bad it didn't prevent Joe from going there at all that night. It was only temporary. [ghost_huh]

Joe tried to fight Angelique with his love for Maggie. [love3] Unfortunately, he failed. I guess love doesn't conquer all. [cryg] Angelique's power sure was strong! Even when Joe took a powerful sleeping pill, her summons still was able to wake him up! [ghost_shocked] It was thrilling to see, though. I knew Joe wouldn't be safe; it was a long night before dawn. [ghost_sad]

Nicholas sure was trying to influence Maggie into breaking up with Joe.
Nicholas should have said something like, "Oh, did Joe get up to get himself a drink of water?"  Instead, he acted triumphant.  Not exactly endearing of him.
I agree, Lydia. Nicholas was trying too hard.

This was a great episode. Once again, Joel Crothers did a wonderful job. [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »
Joe came as close to telling Maggie about Angelique's power over him as he possibly could without giving her secret hold over him away.

Barnabas knew something strange was going on withJoe, and he was well aware there was a vampire around, couldn't he have put two and two together and figured out Joe was being influenced by one? Then he could have brought him to the Old House and kept watch over him there. I don't think with him, Julia and willie keeping an eye on him, that Joe could have so easily gone to Angelique.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:36:03 PM »
Joe came as close to telling Maggie about Angelique's power over him as he possibly could without giving her secret hold over him away.

Barnabas knew something strange was going on with Joe, and he was well aware there was a vampire around, couldn't he have put two and two together and figured out Joe was being influenced by one? Then he could have brought him to the Old House and kept watch over him there. I don't think with him, Julia and willie keeping an eye on him, that Joe could have so easily gone to Angelique.

I thought the same thing.  I guess it was a plot device.  This was a pretty good ep.  Barnabas does seem to be a little off in this ep though.  Barnabas knows what a vampire's "victim" acts like why didn't he put JOE + VAMPIRE together?  Hmmm.....
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 08:00:56 PM »
I think it was the writers. It would have been better for Joe to go to the old house.

I think Barnabas knew something was going on, he didn't dream it was Angelique. But then I don't think that he thought it was a female vampire. But then all the guys were being attacked.

Nicholas was a little bit to pushy, He was slipping, he could have just put a spell on Joe. He was behaving like a normal man and doing the one ups manship.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 05:03:11 AM »
I thought Lara Parker was exceptionally wonderful in this episode, especially in her scene with Nicholas.  I found it almost touching when she said about Joe, "I don't like doing these things to him."  I thought Angelique rather liked having a hunk in her thrall, but it does show she may genuinely care for him and actually regrets in some strange way having to hurt him.  [spoiler]Kind of like when she says in 1897 that she actually cares about what happens to David.[/spoiler]  Such scenes make Angelique a little more complex and, dare I say it, "human."