Author Topic: Samantha's Character  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Samantha's Character
« on: December 27, 2003, 09:51:06 AM »
When the 1841 storyline first started out I remember seeing Samantha talking to Catherine in the PT room.  Then that was the last I saw of her?   Just who is her character suppose to be in this storyline anyway?  Im assuming she's not a Collins as we never see her,  but her and Catherine did appear to be close friends.  It's seems strange that she was just added for this one episode in 1841PT, and then you don't see her anymore. (or do we?)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Samantha's Character
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 04:24:59 AM »
I believe she worked in the house.  I think she was a nurse or something like that for Justin.  With his death, I guess there was no more need for her!  It really did seem strange the way she was introduced and then completely dropped.
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 11:34:49 AM »
I believe she worked in the house.  I think she was a nurse or something like that for Justin.  With his death, I guess there was no more need for her!  It really did seem strange the way she was introduced and then completely dropped.

Thanks Josette.  I really didn't think that she was a servant, so a nurse would make more sense.  It's too bad though that they didn't use her as one of the Collins' again in this time frame. She could have been either Quentin or Gabriel's wife since it appears that they're both unmarried & alone.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 02:23:04 AM »
I think someone had recently posted that about this time (1971) Virginia Vestoff had left DS to do "1776" on Broadway (or something on Broadway).

Happy New Year!
Patti
What a Woman!

IluvBarnabas

Re: Samantha's Character
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 04:09:26 AM »
I disliked the 1840 Samantha but thought Virginia was wonderful in the role. She and Chris Pennock really shined, their battles as Samantha and Gabriel were fun to watch. You could tell they really despised each other (and Gabriel was a heck of a lot worse than Samantha!)

One of my favorite scenes with them was when [spoiler]when Desmond is reading Daniel's will. Gabriel, believing Daniel changed his will in his favor, taunts Samantha telling her he'll be as "good" to her as she was to him. After Desmond's revealing Samantha's pittly share, Gabriel gloats. Then of course Gabriel to his shock hears that Gerard has been left the Collins estate and fortune. Of course Gabriel and Samantha are both furious.....that is my favorite Gabriel/Samantha scene, each expecting to get everything and instead they both get practically nothing.[/spoiler] Couldn't have happened to any 2 nicer people. [hall2_grin]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 04:30:43 AM »
Virginia was wonderful in the role. She and Chris Pennock really shined, their battles as Samantha and Gabriel were fun to watch.

I couldn't agree with you more. The scenes Samanatha and Gabriel share in 1840/41 are among my absolute favorites, one of which was featured in the October 9th's slideshow:

1970: Ep #1120 - Samantha and Gabriel are sickened
by each others behavior.

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 02:31:00 AM »
I remember, Samantha was a nurse. It was neat to get a little cameo of her just to see what she was like in parallel time.
Although she didn't have a husband, children or wealth and status, her life was still probably better than real time Samantha's after all.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:38:30 AM »
Samantha in PT is so brief that I never remember her.   Same with [spoiler]PT Gerard... I'm always surprised, as if someone edited Gerard into PT recently, where he's not supposed to be.  I think my last viewing was the last time I'll ever be surprised by that though.  Since I remember it right now...[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »
Gerard is only there for 2 episodes, as I recall. His functionas the friendly neighbood psychic is filled by Carrie Stokes. Could there have been budget cuts?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:18 AM »
Maybe.  It did seem as if they were building up to have Gerard deeply involved in things, then he vamoosed anti-climactically.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 02:32:17 AM »
Daphne mentions that she and Gerard used to go out, so maybe there was story with them that got derailed.
Fade Away and Radiate