Poll

Who was the best briefly on the show character?

Suki Forbes
7 (25%)
King Johnny
11 (39.3%)
Janet Findley
0 (0%)
Garth Blackwood
1 (3.6%)
other
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Favorite very brief characters  (Read 8174 times)

IluvBarnabas

Favorite very brief characters
« on: October 25, 2006, 04:27:36 AM »
Which briefly character from the list did you like the most and would have liked to have seen more of? (Or who else do you think was a welcome but all too brief addition to the show?)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Favorite very brief characters
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:18:06 AM »
I would love to have seen much more of Suki Forbes! She had such a quick wit and fire about her, she was such a pistol! Not to mention the fact that the could have caused continued problems for the Collins family, past, present, and future! [female_skull]
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 05:43:18 AM »
I would have liked to see more of Aunt Hannah in parallel time.

ProfStokes

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:12:39 AM »
As much as I love Suki Forbes, King Johnny and Janet Findley, I would have loved to have seen more of Buffie Harrington in 1970PT. Eleven episodes was simply not enough.
(Special consideration also to ProfStokes' choice of Hannah Stokes from 1970PT and Portia Fitzsimmons from 1967, who might have been a hoot and a half had she been around longer.)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:16:15 AM »
I liked the Suki Forbes character too!!

Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 12:06:44 PM »
Definitely Buffy Harrington!  She was the most "real" of them all, making a living, having an apartment......and one that contained the only television set seen on the entire series.  You can't get more real than that.

Gerard

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »
I thought Suki Forbes was great.   [hall_wink]   She told Nathan Forbes what was what.

You know who else I like.....Juliannka.  Some of you didn't much care for her, but I did. [female_skull]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »
Definitely Buffy Harrington!  She was the most "real" of them all, making a living, having an apartment......and one that contained the only television set seen on the entire series.

The only one in Collinsport, but not the only one seen on the series.   [hall2_wink]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »
I loved King Johnny, but I voted for the obvious--BUZZ HACKETT!   [hall2_grin]

I also adored Hannah Stokes!  Wish they'd brought her back to RT as Elliott's spinster sister or even more intriguing, his little-known ex-wife!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »
I loved King Johnny, but I voted for the obvious--BUZZ HACKETT!   [hall2_grin]

I also adored Hannah Stokes!  Wish they'd brought her back to RT as Elliott's spinster sister or even more intriguing, his little-known ex-wife!  ;)
Good one!  [hall2_wink] Of the choices offered I selected Suki Forbes. I didn't really consider Buffie Harrington and/or Hannah Stokes until after I voted, but I loved them both! If I recall correctly, Elizabeth Eis AND Paula Laurence were both at the 93 fest, which was my first, and I hadn't seen their storylines yet. I had no idea who they were, and, although I met them both in the autograph lines, I didn't have a thing to say to them. How I regretted that after I saw their performances!  [hall2_cry]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 03:28:37 PM »
If I recall correctly, Elizabeth Eis AND Paula Laurence were both at the 93 fest, which was my first, and I hadn't seen their storylines yet. I had no idea who they were, and, although I met them both in the autograph lines, I didn't have a thing to say to them. How I regretted that after I saw their performances! 

Indeed they were, and I missed them as well because we were running KLS's table at that Fest, this was before the stars sat at their own merchandise tables (or, for that matter, before anyone other than KLS even HAD merchandise--well, except for Terry Crawford and *maybe* Louie Edmonds was selling his CD by then), and because I too had not seen their plotline, had no interest in meeting them, so I stayed at the table while Karlenfan who HAD seen 1970 PT went to their panels.  Now I want to meet them!   [hall2_cry]  But you know, if they didn't show up for the 40th, I have little faith they'll show up again.   [hall2_cry]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 05:00:32 PM »
Madam Findley is definitely a favorite.  Garth Blackwood makes me laugh, I love how he says "ARRRR!"  I would have thought he would be more popular with today's fans because of all the Pirates insanity around those Johnny Depp films.

I was just compiling (for a friend who wants to show it to a class he's teaching) a selection of clips relating to the use of the I Ching on the series, and I finished it off with Wanda Paisley's memorable I Ching encounter.  I really, REALLY wish Wanda Paisley had become a semi-regular.  I think she would have made a much more interesting "girlfriend" for Quentin than that drip, Amanda Harris.  Men like Quentofi, in the 1890s, tended to have more than one woman in their life anyway; there was the respectable lady friend and then the girl who was around to take care of their, uh, manly needs.

cheers, G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 06:37:09 PM »
Wanda Paisley, yes!  I would've enjoyed a longer stay for her on the show, and was there a character with a cooler name?  And actually, I could've stood less Garth Blackwood, but that's me.

It would be great to see Elizabeth Eis return to a Fest.  BuzzH, Paula Laurence passed away about a year ago.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 07:15:16 PM »
I forgot about Wanda.....now that I think about it she would have been a great addition to the show....she was a floozy, but a fun one. Petofi/Quentin could have enslaved her and he and Aristede could take turns bossing her around and whenever she got out of line.....sparks would fly. [hall2_wink]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 07:28:22 PM »
BuzzH, Paula Laurence passed away about a year ago.

So.....she won't be at another Fest?   >:D 

Hey, don't laugh, someone asked me and Phoebe at the '94 L.A. Fest if Joan Bennet would be attending and Phoebe said, "No, unfortunately Ms. Bennet passed away in 1990."  They then asked, w/a completely strait, serious face after a pause, "So.....she won't be here?" 

Phoebe and I looked at each other because we thought this person HAD to be screwing w/us, but she wasn't.  WHEW....!!   [hall2_rolleyes]

P.S. When she walked away I said to Phoebe, "We should have said in response 'not unless you have a Ouja Board!'"   [hall2_grin]

P.S.S. I'd personally love to see (BIG SURPRISE) Michael Hadge, aka Buzz, come to a Fest.  Pierson needs to get on that!   [hall2_wink]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"