Author Topic: Weekend At Tarrytown Info:  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Weekend At Tarrytown Info:
« on: November 30, 2003, 02:57:16 PM »
The phone number for the Westchester Marriott is:

1 (914) 631 - 2200

Fax Number 1- (914) 631 - 7819
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

LorraineAAB

Re:Weekend At Tarrytown Info:
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 05:45:05 AM »
If you happen to have a Marriott Rewards number, mention it,  and there's a special offer where you can get the weekend for a few extra $$ off per day.  I got my reservation combining several spec. offer days and a couple of DSWE days.  (First time I actually got some use out of the card.)

You can look up www.marriott.com and sign up for a card online.

Same thing as the other rooms, up to 4 allowed in a room at that rate.

Even at the DSWE rate, it's still a far better price than last year's in the city.  (That was the best deal too, less than the lowest available to MR members, so you can imagine what the real prices are like.)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 06:19:42 AM »
Even at the DSWE rate, it's still a far better price than last year's in the city.

Yes, but does it include a rat show on the sidewalk outside the hotel? In the evenings, the Brooklyn Marriott boasted a live rat appearance at least every 5 minutes. They even provided benches so that you could sit and watch.  :o

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 07:59:42 AM »
Aw, I'm really disappointed that I missed the rat shows.  :(  If, only it had been listed in the Fest announcement...

And I suppose with the lower price it IS probably too much to hope that some of their rat cousins in Westchester might be as equally entertaining, huh?

Oh, well. I suppose you only get what you pay for.  :'(

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 10:28:12 AM »
Yes, but does it include a rat show on the sidewalk outside the hotel? In the evenings, the Brooklyn Marriott boasted a live rat appearance at least every 5 minutes. They even provided benches so that you could sit and watch.  :o

Oh my goodness, how horrible!!  Now Im glad that I have 6 cats! LOL!!

And I suppose with the lower price it IS probably too much to hope that some of their rat cousins in Westchester might be as equally entertaining, huh?

Only if they're from the Hudson River.[jawdrp]  Believe me, you DON'T want to see those!!!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 06:52:28 PM »
Only if they're from the Hudson River.[jawdrp]  Believe me, you DON'T want to see those!!!

:D

I live in a city that's surrounded by water on three sides (a salt water river and two separate fresh water ponds, both of which are less than a quarter of a mile from my house) and we don't have any rat problems. Can't really say that I've ever wondered why that is, though...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 08:27:54 PM »
I live in a city that's surrounded by water on three sides...and we don't have any rat problems. Can't really say that I've ever wondered why that is, though...

They probably can't afford the taxes on that water-front property...[smrtasb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas