Author Topic: eve going back in time.  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
eve going back in time.
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »
eve goes back in time in her new body.    so, how the heck does everyone recognize her as the french lady (it's too early to remember her name), if she is in a new body and not the former body she utilized?

pretty scary thought to think that no one has caught this over the years.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: eve going back in time.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »
Someone brought it up here not too long ago, and it leapt out at me when I watched 1968 last year.    She goes back physically, so it makes no sense, but Blair sent her, and can pull any trick out of his hat that he wants, so anything goes...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 11:16:28 PM »
I always thought it was like "Quantum Leap": when the character would leap into someone else's body, everyone around him saw the person he had become and all the mirrors reflected that person, but we in the audience always saw Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula).  Myabe everyone in 1795 saw the original Danielle Roget but we in the audience saw Danielle as her new identity Eve.

ProfStokes  

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 12:50:13 AM »
eve goes back in time in her new body.    so, how the heck does everyone recognize her as the french lady (it's too early to remember her name), if she is in a new body and not the former body she utilized?

pretty scary thought to think that no one has caught this over the years.

I always wondered about that too... until I read ProfStokes comment below.

I always thought it was like "Quantum Leap": when the character would leap into someone else's body, everyone around him saw the person he had become and all the mirrors reflected that person, but we in the audience always saw Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula).  Myabe everyone in 1795 saw the original Danielle Roget but we in the audience saw Danielle as her new identity Eve.

It makes sense.  I love Quantum Leap but didn't think about it when watching Eve go back to 1796 and be recognized.  That settles it for me, I'll just adopt your idea.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:10:41 AM »
It makes sense, but I'm not sure that it fits in the Dark Shadows world.  As a general rule, what you see is what they got, corrected for set bloopers.  What I would like to know is: did Danielle Roget look like Leona Eltridge?  And if so, um...Peter Bradford and Leona Eltridge...um...well, I'm glad that wasn't shown on TV.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 04:24:46 PM »
Maybe Willie actually dug up Danielle Roget's body!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor