Author Topic: Are the Stars, out Tonight.....  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Are the Stars, out Tonight.....
« on: January 23, 2002, 10:44:55 PM »
Originally posted by Patti the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on January 23, 2002 at 16:44:55:

Today's voiceover, Vicki talks about the stars and planets shining over Collinwood....except it's TOTALLY foggy!! lol
Anywho....how many are among us in MY age range who remember running home to watch Luke & Laura (of GH)?

I can totally see the "mature" posters on here:
Henry not having time to discuss pros & cons of Rockers vs. Mods;
Ringo not having time to discuss "White Album";
Fran frantically skating home....
ALL TO CATCH TODAY'S EPS!!!!
Man o man....that first ep today:
Davey's dream (with shades of pre-cogniscience!!!)
The faceless Dr. H put me in mind of "aaahhh...what's the Hitchock movie w/Gregory Peck/Ingrid Bergman"!!??
Good Ep.
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Stars, out Tonight.....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 12:19:35 AM »
Posted by Birdie on January 23, 2002 at 18:19:35:
In Reply to: Are the Stars, out Tonight..... posted by Patti on January 23, 2002 at 16:44:55:

Sorry Patti,
I was not a General Hospital fan. Grow up on Days of our Lives. Sorry to say, I remember it from when I was about 8 home sick. My mother use to try to get me to nap with her while watching Days. She would fall asleep and I remember things about that soap that no normal person should remember. Now I am once again back to DS. I find I only can manage to watch one soap a day. I have to pretend to be a responible adult with children, husband, job, etc,etc, etc,. It has been a rough day.
I think my evil twin,(lol} has taken over and my other not so nice personality has taken over. At least at work.
Could not agree more todays episodes were excellent. Loved David's dream. Thank goodness for VCRs.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Guilty as charged- I ran home for Luke & Laura
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 04:37:21 AM »
Posted by Charles Ellis on January 23, 2002 at 22:37:21:
In Reply to: Are the Stars, out Tonight..... posted by Patti on January 23, 2002 at 16:44:55:

I remember so clearly those two days in November '81 watching THE WEDDING- well, with their remarriage very much in the cards for May 2002, I may just take the day off, LOL!!!

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 12:01:47 PM »
Posted by JoeyTrom on January 24, 2002 at 06:01:47:
In Reply to: Re: Are the Stars, out Tonight..... posted by Birdie on January 23, 2002 at 18:19:35:

General Hospital had some DS connections...Christopher Pennock (Jeb Hawkes) played Mitch Williams back in 1981 (he was Tracy Quartermain's husband at the time, a corrupt politician). Geoffrey Scott (Sky Rumson on DS) played David McAllister in 1989 (who was mysteriously recast a week before the character was killed off). Camilla Ashland (the woman who supposedly took care of a young Jeb Hawkes) was the original Alice Grant in 1977-1978. Ivor Francis (the doctor when Liz awakens from Laura's induced coma) was the father of GH's Genie Francis. Gordon Russell wrote the story of Hutch befriending Luke and Laura in 1981. Sam Hall was one of the writers in 1990.

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 02:24:04 PM »
Posted by Happybat on January 24, 2002 at 08:24:04:
In Reply to: Re: Are the Stars, out Tonight..... posted by JoeyTrom on January 24, 2002 at 06:01:47:

General Hospital had some DS connections...Christopher Pennock (Jeb Hawkes) played Mitch Williams back in 1981 (he was Tracy Quartermain's husband at the time, a corrupt politician).

How nice to take a walk down memory lane. Yes, I was quite hooked on GH in college; I even got my best (male) friend hooked on the show. Since I haven't watched the show in nearly 20 years, I completely forgot about Chris Pennock's role in the show.

The faceless Dr. H put me in mind of "aaahhh...what's the Hitchock movie w/Gregory Peck/Ingrid Bergman"!!??

That is "Spellbound" - an excellent, often underrated film. How could you possibly go wrong with Bergman and Peck and a dream scene crafted by surrealist master Salvador Dali? It makes me wish Dali had worked on DS too!

-Happybat
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Shadowlady

• View Profile
Re: Guilty as charged- I ran home for Luke & Laura
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2002, 04:32:17 AM »
Posted by Shadowlady on January 24, 2002 at 22:32:17:
In Reply to: Guilty as charged- I ran home for Luke & Laura- still do! posted by Charles Ellis on January 23, 2002 at 22:37:21:

Oh, me too, re "The Wedding". That episode was sooooo anticipated and had huge ratings. GH was so hot it even made newsmagazine covers, etc during that era. I've long since lost interest in that series, but that was a fun time to be a viewer. HOwever...I noticed at the check-out counter recently that Luke and Laura were getting back together. Who knows, I may tune in for a few eps just to see that going on.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2002, 12:01:04 AM »
Posted by Teresa on January 26, 2002 at 18:01:04:

I had an afternoon school job while Luke and Laura were in their prime. Once I had to go into work to clean/do paperwork while my boss was on vacation. I brought a little tv in with me to watch GH and out of the blue my boss walked in (lucky for me I had just turned it off ). He asked why I had a tv there and I said it was broke and I was going to stop after work to get it repaired. Whew, close call!
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"