Author Topic: Maggie Collins, as seen by Grandma Moses  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Maggie Collins, as seen by Grandma Moses
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2003, 11:05:44 PM »
What a load of revisionist poppycock.....the sorry truth is that the first Collins to arrive in the area was old Increase Collins......after he was banished from Plymouth Colony for carnal knowledge of a sheep.  In the 17th century!!

We all wish it wasn't true....but those are the facts.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2003, 11:30:26 PM »
What a load of revisionist poppycock.....the sorry truth is that the first Collins to arrive in the area was old Increase Collins......after he was banished from Plymouth Colony for carnal knowledge of a sheep.  In the 17th century!!

We all wish it wasn't true....but those are the facts.

That ignominious story was the accepted truth, yes. But the recent discoveries have shattered that once steadfastly held belief.

Being in academia as I am, one becomes privy to knowledge that the general public isn't and may never be made aware because it's very controversial nature might cause the uninitiated and benighted to run amuck in the streets and choas would surely ensue. But I can assure you that the revelations I have made on the this board today are indeed the real truth. In fact, I've probably taken my very life in my hands by revealing even as little as I have. True, this forum is a small, far flung, insular corner of the Internet. But as Eleanor_Rigby was quick to point out, Big Brother is everywhere...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2003, 03:18:57 AM »
Ah, yes¢â‚¬¦.academia¢â‚¬¦..the TRUE last refuge of a scoundrel!!

Spare us your protestations of veracity, sir¢â‚¬¦¢â‚¬¦you have revealed yourself as an acolyte of Professor Eponymous Bladderwrack, who's efforts to expunge the true reputation of the Collins Patriach have been discredited by every expert in the field.

Life endangered, indeed!!  You allow your imagination to run away with you!!

It's your reputation I shudder to think of, once word of your outrageous theories reaches your superiors.  May I suggest you make yourself scarce until the ensuing scandal dies down, lest you find yourself sadly without position, estate, or friends?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2003, 04:34:35 AM »
It's always a sobering experience to see someone in such denial go to such lengths to try to cover it up.

But anyway, I looked up the scene in question that was the impetous for the entire exchange between Rainypark and myself and the only portrait Liz makes mention of in that scene is the one of Jeremiah, which hangs over the mantle (but I think we all knew that). The portrait of "Leonardo" isn't even anywhere to be seen in Episode #2.

In Episode #3, Carolyn explains to Vicki that the bearded gentleman whose portrait hangs over the piano is Issac Collins (who at that point supposedly "began it all" back in the 17th century. Funny how his clothes look far more Victorian than circa the England of King James or even the Puritans. But then, when did DS ever let a little thing like era-inappropriate clothing ever stop them? [lghy] And of course, in Episode #4 the portrait has suddenly moved to hang on the opposite side of the window. Apparently the Collins portraits love to play musical walls. [b003]). "Leo" is among the missing again. :(

In Episode #4, while lecturing Roger, Liz identifies Issac and Jeremiah again, as well as naming the man in the portrait between the cabinet and the fireplace as Theodore and the man in the portrait above the sideboard (where the phone is) as Benjamin. I'm afraid that "Leo" is still nowhere in evidence. :'(

If Sci-Fi decides to run DS from the beginning again, I think a game we should play on the forum is Be The First To Spot Leonardo's Portrait. :D

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2003, 11:55:37 PM »
Benjamin and Theodore could have been two of Gabriel and Edith's sons.