Author Topic: Questions for the Gang - Your DS Favorites  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for the Gang - Your DS Favorites
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2002, 09:50:38 AM »
Bobubas Wrote:

WORST COUPLE:  
Mrs. Johnson and Bill Malloy. They had a thing on the side that very few were aware of .  

You know I always thought that these two had something going!  Well, at least in her mind anyway. ;-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2002, 01:07:00 AM »
I WISH THEY HAD GOT TOGETHER, BUT THEY DIDN'T COUPLE:

Elizabeth and Julia . ..you know that woulda been something to see. . orr. . . rather. .something to behold or..no, contemplate. .oh whatever. . .no ONE else even thought of them. .did they? lol!

Well. Now there's a topic to discuss, lol. It would certainly explain why there was never any scene with Elizabeth delicately (or not so delicately) asking just when Julia was going to giving up her run as the Woman Who Came to Dinner ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 05:02:55 PM »
ALL-TIME FAVORITE DS MOMENT:

So many to choose from, I would have to go with Angelique [spoiler]as a vampire and finally getting her fangs into Barnabas.[/spoiler] Some of the best Angelique/Barnabas moments came out of that.
________________________________________________________________________________________

FAVORITE OH, YUCK, THAT WAS AWFUL, BUT CAN I SEE IT AGAIN MOMENT:

Whenever Jason was charming, then threatening (or visa versa) Elizabeth, he really made my skin crawl when he was doing that, yet was so fascinating to watch, I couldn't take my eyes away.
________________________________________________________________________________________

FAVORITE GHOST:

From the evil ghosts, Quentin, he was so spooky he scared me to death as a child! Even now I find he is still quite menacing. From the nice ghosts, Sarah as she was always willing to help and protect Maggie and David from the clutches of big brother Barnabas.

FAVORITE I DIDN'T LIKE THEM AT FIRST, BUT THEN THEY GREW ON ME CHARACTER:

Willie Loomis. He was such a creep at first, but once Barnabas got a hold of him, he became more sympathetic and more likable.  So in a weird, twisted way, his releasing Barnabas from the coffin just may have been the best thing that ever happened to him.

BEST CLUELESS IN COLLINWOOD CHARACTER:

Roger gets my vote on this one. He constantly scuffs at the supernatural time and time again, despite the fact
just about all of the time it's proved there are many weird things going on in the house or around the estate.

FAVORITE SCENE STEALER:

Nicholas Blair (I always looked forward to an episode with him because you just know he's got something up his sleeve)

FAVORITE STORYLINE OR PLOT:

Any of the time-travelling segas. The Quentin/Beth ghosts, Angelique as a vampire, and the werewolf story are all worthy runner-ups.

WORST STORYLINE:

This one is easy for me....the one storyline on DS I could not get into no matter how hard I tried, the 1970 Parallel Time storyline.

FAVORITE ROMANCE OR ROMANTIC MOMENT:

Daphne running into Quentin's arms after [spoiler]escaping from Gabriel when he kidnapped her, Leticia and Desmond's "wedding" in his jail cell, Vicki and Peter's farewell in her cell before she's taken to the gallows.[/spoiler] Sorry I just couldn't narrow it to one!

FAVORITE VILLIAN:

All of the male Trasks....I hated all of them with a passion but they were all played so brilliantly by Jerry Lacy

WORST COUPLE:

Toss-up between Quentin and Amanda and 1970 PT Quentin and Maggie. I also wasn't crazy about Barnabas falling head over hills in love with Roxanne at first sight.

I WISH THEY HAD GOT TOGETHER BUT DIDN'T COUPLE:

Barnabas and Julia. (Though I know Sam Hall did write a story after the show ended that they did get together and marry...it would have been better if we could have seen this happen just before the show went off the air). They had such great chemistry together. Would have liked to have seen Carolyn and Tony and Maggie and Joe get back together too.

CHARACTER YOU WISH THEY HAD USED MORE:

Roger. As insufferable as he could be at times, he was also a blast to watch. After the 1795 saga, except for marrying Cassandra, I noticed he was missing in action a lot of the time and even more so during the Quentin haunting Collinwood and absent all the way through the Gerard/Daphne ghost story. Always enjoyed Louis Edmonds no matter who he was playing (though Joshua was my favorite of all his characters).

FAVORITE SUSPENSE:

When Charity [spoiler]staked Barnabas[/spoiler] I was horrified. I couldn't believe my favorite character was truly gone forever. I spend the next few weeks wondering if I would be eventually proven wrong. (And thankfully I was).

THIS HAD ME ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING  MOMENT:

When Trask is talking with Nathan Forbes and Barnabas' voice is talking to him. Forbes can't hear the voice and Trask can and shouts and rambles on and Forbes is looking at Trask like he was thinking Trask has gone bonkers. That whole scene had me in stitches ;D Another moment is when Judith drags Edward out of the bad in the middle of the night to tell him she's moving into Grandmother's room. She tells him she can't resist making the most out of being the new mistress of the house and Edward tells her "you're doing splendidly sister! Just splendidly!" Too funny! ;D

FAVORITE DS BLOOPER:

When the window shade at Tate's studio falls off. One of the all-time great bloopers! ;D

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »
ALL-TIME FAVORITE DS MOMENT:  In 1897, when [spoiler]Angelique and Laura have had their big witchcraft battle, and you think that Laura has won, but then Angelique appears in Jamison's room[/spoiler]

FAVORITE I DIDN'T LIKE THEM AT FIRST, BUT THEN THEY
GREW ON ME CHARACTER:  Carl Collins.  Really couldn't stand him at first, but by the end he was tolerable.  Maybe even sympathetic.

BEST CLUELESS IN COLLINWOOD CHARACTER:  Joan Bennet's various characters could sure ignore what was obviously going on at Collinwood, even though everyone else knew. 

FAVORITE SCENE STEALER:  Willie.

FAVORITE STORYLINE OR PLOT:  The first half of 1795.  I loved all of Angelique's scheming. 

WORST STORYLINE:  Quentin huanting Collinwood.  I just cannot stand those kids screaming all their lines for about 20 straight episodes. 

FAVORITE ROMANCE OR ROMANTIC MOMENT:  Wasn't there a bit of romance between Barnabas and Roxanne Drew?  I haven't seen those episodes in years, but I remember I though they'de make a fantastic couple.

FAVORITE VILLAIN:  Nicolas Blair.  So stylishly evil. 

WORST COUPLE:  Vicki and Jeff Clark.  I kept thinking Julia should drag Vicki off and put her in the sanitarium.

FAVORITE COUPLE:  I loved Nathan and Suki Forbes.  He was such a rat, and she was his perfect foil.

CHARACTER YOU WISH THEY HAD USED MORE:  Suki Forbes.  I thought she was vivacious, smart, sneaky, and just a whole lot of fun to watch.

FAVORITE SUSPENSE:  In 1897, the battle between Angelique and Laura. 

THIS HAD ME ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MOMENT:  When Carl is all up in arms over the loss of his beloved Pansy, and Judith tells him to quit his prattling.

FAVORITE DS BLOOPER:  When Adam is trying to pick up an unconscious Carolyn in front of the old house.  He's supposed to be super-strong, but he grabs her about five or six different ways and just can't seem to get her off the ground.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 07:28:20 PM »
I want to play!  I want to play! 
===================
[spoiler]
ALL-TIME FAVORITE DS MOMENT:
Vickie, hands down--she gave new meaning to the phrase dumb broad!  Although, to be fair, everyone save for Barnabas, Julia, Elliot and Willie seemed clueless about what was REALLY going on at CW!  Hell, they even locked the door at the Old House!  ;)
------------------
FAVORITE SCENE STEALERS:

1st runner up:  Barnabas & Josette, when he's dying and she tells him she'll never love anyone but him.  So sad, but romantic at the same time.  When she says, "Please don't die, then I'll have no one!" it's just heart-wrenching!   :'( 
--------------
FAVORITE VILLAIN:

FAVORITE COUPLES:
Frank Garner and Tony Peterson.  It's unfortunate that both these men fell off the side of the earth, never to be seen or heard from again.  I REALLY wanted Frank and Vicki to hook up, Conard and Alex had SUCH chemistry!  Alas.... :'(
--------------------
FAVORITE SUSPENSE:
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 03:37:11 AM »
Dang, I just realized I forgot to put in my favorite couple....well I can do it now....

#1 Barnabas and Julia all the way.