Author Topic: Jenny  (Read 4481 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
Re: Jenny
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2002, 05:24:53 PM »
it would have been nice to see Jenny "before" to see what Quentin ever saw in her! She just drives me nuts
Judith today was too much Beth basically saves her life and she just screams at her like Beth has any control
of what happens to Jenny! it is alos a bit farfetched to think no one would find her in the tower.

jennifer
 In all honesty, I think Jenny in "her day" would have looked just like that tramp Eve!! Lol!!
[jester][jester]
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 04:07:29 PM »
I always felt sorry for Jenny. She was treated so shabbily not only by Quentin but also by Judith and Edward.

[spoiler]According to Quentin neither of them accepted her. (Boy I can believe that! And this was long before Jenny's gypsy orgins was discovered). They probably made her feel as welcomed at Collinwood as the plague.

Then Quentin runs out on her with Laura, his brother's wife! Poor Jenny just couldn't handle it and went mad. Did Judith and Edward care one little bit about her welfare? NO!!! They were more worried about what the scandal would do to their precious family name. Beth even said that Edward tried to bribe Jenny to go away (some brother-in-law!) until he found out she was pregnant and insane.

Under the circumstances wouldn't the humane thing to do would be to send Jenny to an asylum in the first place, make sure she got the proper care, treatment and rest, especially since she was gonna have a child? Nope, Judith and Edward had her imprisoned in the tower room! (I am wondering did Jenny have the babies in the tower room?! Now THAT would have been something to see!) Keeping her in confinement I think only further deteriorated her mental state and had Judith and Edward had even at least one iota of compassion for her they would have realized that.[/spoiler]

I think Jenny was Marie Wallace's best role. She was wonderful as Jenny. She really made you feel for her.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2006, 04:47:39 PM »
Here in New England we all have a loon relative locked away in the tower, if only figuratively.

For the record, in my family, I'm it.

LOL! And that reminds me of one of Julia Sugarbaker's funniest lines in an episode of "Designing Women".  It was during Bernice's sanity hearing.  I didn't trust my memory so I actually found it on the Net...

Julia: And just for the record, I think you should know, even if Bernice were crazy, that doesn't necessarily mean she should be put away.
Phyllis: What are you saying?
Julia: I'm saying this is the South. And we're proud of our crazy people. We don't hide them up in the attic. We bring 'em right down to the living room and show 'em off. See, Phyllis, no one in the South ever asks if you have crazy people in your family. They just ask what side they're on.
Phyllis: Oh? And which side are yours on Mrs. Sugarbaker?
Julia: Both.

I think I must have southern roots...well, at least I'm still on the loose.  ;D

And about the use of Jane Eyre and other classics...my take on that is that the writers tended to look at classic literature the way you would a buffet table - fill your plate but, take only the bits and pieces you like the most.[/size]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 01:55:20 AM »
I asked myself when Rachel was trapped in the tower and screaming for help, is it possible for Dirk to hear her over the storm?  If so, how is it that nobody ever knew Jenny was hidden in the tower?  I'm sure she never made a peep in all her months of confinement. ::)

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  That Tower moved around.  It had secret trysts at Windcliff with the Old House staircase on the nights when Windcliff was nearby.  Jenny knew about it and tried to tell people ("They're so loud that they wake my babies!") but of course nobody believed her.