Author Topic: Jenny  (Read 4480 times)

Offline yendor

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Jenny - SPOILER!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2002, 06:32:56 PM »
SPOILER!  

I seem to recall that after Quentin dispatches Jenny, she returns as a "ghost," and we see her as she once was: vital and beautiful.

Rod

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Jenny
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2002, 08:33:23 PM »
I'd like to know when there was time to fix the lock Dirk surely broke by busting into the tower room? And who would they risk learning the secret to have fix it?

dom

Offline yendor

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2002, 09:01:39 PM »
And speaking of Dirk and the tower room, the slap that Judith gave Jenny had to be the fakest I've seen, this side of a badly acted Z movie. And didn't you love the way the "brick" wall moved when Dirk dragged Jenny back in?

Rod

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2002, 09:12:19 PM »
the slap that Judith gave Jenny had to be the fakest I've seen, this side of a badly acted Z movie. Rod

It reminded me of the way characters would slap each other in a Carol Burnett skit, with the exaggerated swing of the hand and then that loud, "smacking" sound.

Gerard

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2002, 09:35:52 PM »
And didn't you love the way the "brick" wall moved when Dirk dragged Jenny back in?
Rod

That was great! A true "milk out the nose" moment. Glad I had finished my oatmeal before seeing that scene. Oatmeal out the nose would not have been a pretty sight.

(Still laughing) Dom

PS - I can't believe Judith had the nerve to see Jenny alone after what had transpired the night before!

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2002, 09:55:36 PM »
This is the first time I've viewed the 1897 storyline--I have a couple of questions. If Jenny is Magda's sister, why doesn't she have a gypsy accent like Magda? Also, about the Jane Eyre story influencing this storyline--if Jenny was married to Quentin why would she want to burn Edward (the Rochester character) in his bed and not Quentin--her husband? [huhb]
MM

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2002, 10:14:16 PM »
Good questions, MM. I've been wondering the same thing especially about the Edward/Jenny angle. I am looking forward to the answers to your queries. I'd also like to know why no one (especially Quentin) hasn't questioned why their dear cousin from England doesn't have an British accent.

dom

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2002, 10:56:14 PM »
I'd like to know when there was time to fix the lock Dirk surely broke by busting into the tower room? And who would they risk learning the secret to have fix it?

dom

LOL!!  Dom, I was wondering that too!!

One minute, "Tarzan" (well, he might as be Tarzan by the way he manhandles all the women & grabs them by the hair!!!)   anyway, he knocks down the door to save Rachel one minute, then a few scenes later, Jenny is locking Judith in the same room!!

"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2002, 01:58:06 AM »
Good questions, MM. I've been wondering the same thing especially about the Edward/Jenny angle. I am looking forward to the answers to your queries. I'd also like to know why no one (especially Quentin) hasn't questioned why their dear cousin from England doesn't have an British accent.

dom

doesn't Barnabas have some lame excuse why he doesn't have a British accent!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2002, 02:50:47 AM »
This is the first time I've viewed the 1897 storyline--I have a couple of questions. If Jenny is Magda's sister, why doesn't she have a gypsy accent like Magda? Also, about the Jane Eyre story influencing this storyline--if Jenny was married to Quentin why would she want to burn Edward (the Rochester character) in his bed and not Quentin--her husband? [huhb]

I think she lost her accent in a determined attempt to leave her origins behind her. Presumably it would come back as she deteriorated mentally, but this IS soap opera land. And the reason she tried to burn Edward is because we are not supposed to KNOW that she is actually Quentins's wife, and think that she is Edward's missing little lady. I honestly think they did a nifty job of that twist. I know the first time I saw it, it took me completely by surprise.

And I think that any crazy person could probably come up with at least one or two good reasons to burn Edward, whether they had been married to him or not!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2002, 03:29:38 AM »
And I think that any crazy person could probably come up with at least one or two good reasons to burn Edward, whether they had been married to him or not!

Heh, heh, heh, heh. Good one.

dom

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2002, 03:48:31 AM »
Man, I was so hoping that they would have shown it when she wacked Dirk with that tray.  Cost = Priceless.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2002, 06:25:51 AM »
Kuanyin, I agree you were right on the money, they wanted everyone to think Jenny was Edward's wife.  They laid  hints for a few days.  Even the scene when she lit his bed on fire was another way to throw the audience of track.   Yes, I read/saw Jane Eyre and loved it.  Always have been a sucker of a romance, Gothic  just adds to the love.   Back to Jenny they wrote and it was played out beautifully.  Got to love a girl who can take out Dirk.  I could just hear the other woman in the cast cheering.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2002, 09:02:25 AM »
Yes, I read/saw Jane Eyre and loved it.  Always have been a sucker of a romance, Gothic  just adds to the love.

you Jane Eyre fans. . any of you read Jean Rhys's Wide Sargasso Sea about the first Mrs. Rochester??  An interesting book. . .Of course Ms. Rhys is better known for having written the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. . ."guerls - I am in my PRIME! and I'm devoting it to you!"

Amazon critique of WSS:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0393308804/qid=1036735328/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-7191512-1584167?v=glance&s=books
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2002, 03:51:03 PM »
Man, I was so hoping that they would have shown it when she wacked Dirk with that tray.  Cost = Priceless.

so true payback time for those past scenes in which he threw Eve around!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV