Author Topic: Jenny  (Read 4479 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Jenny
« on: November 07, 2002, 02:52:50 AM »
it would have been nice to see Jenny "before" to see what Quentin ever saw in her! She just drives me nuts
Judith today was too much Beth basically saves her life and she just screams at her like Beth has any control
of what happens to Jenny! it is alos a bit farfetched to think no one would find her in the tower.

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Jenny
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 03:20:55 AM »
Hello Jennifer i agree that was rude of Judith she
should of thanked Beth for all she did to save her.
Too bad they didn't lock Judith in there !!!
            Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 04:08:58 AM »
it is alos a bit farfetched to think no one would find her in the tower.

I asked myself when Rachel was trapped in the tower and screaming for help, is it possible for Dirk to hear her over the storm?  If so, how is it that nobody ever knew Jenny was hidden in the tower?  I'm sure she never made a peep in all her months of confinement. ::)

I really like Jenny and I've always felt that she was a sympathetic character.  True, she is violent, but she has a motive, and at times she demonstrates sincere tenderness for her 'babies.'  Even though she's considered 'mad,' Jenny does seem to have a heightened sense of the underlying tensions in Collinwood, such as Judith's jealousy.  I agree that it would have been nice to see an indication or a flashback of what Jenny was like before her madness, considering the ruin she is now.  Marie Wallace really won my respect with this portrayal, and she has many more great scenes in the near future.  

ProfStokes

Offline sheenasma

• Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 05:36:32 AM »
Here in New England we all have a loon relative locked away in the tower, if only figuratively.

For the record, in my family, I'm it.

N
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 05:42:11 AM »
;_
Here in New England we all have a loon relative locked away in the tower, if only figuratively.

N

They'd probably lock Sheenasma away in Hat- fard! ;-)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline yendor

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2002, 05:56:30 AM »
Ok, here's where we see the "Jane Eyre" influence on DS! Has anyone ever read the classic novel or seen the several film adaptations? Basically, it's about a young governess (hmmm...could it be Rachel Drummond) who comes to a forbidding mansion (draw your own conclusions) to work for the equally forbidding Mr. Rochester. Mr. Rochester's wife is allegedly dead, and he has one darling (and annoying, depending upon what film you watch) daughter, and she soon becomes the apple of Jane's eye.  

At night, Jane hears strange sounds--like screams and yelps--coming from the tower room (hmmm...). And one particular evening, someone sets Mr. Rochester's room on fire!  Jane sees that a mysterious "Mrs. Poole" keeps going up to the tower room--wonder what could be up there?

Eventually, Jane and Rochester fall in love and decide to marry. At the wedding, when the priest/minister asks if there's anyone present who objects to the union, a strange man speaks up. He says "I object, because Mr. Rochester is already married!" Jane is confused, but Rochester is incensed. He takes the wedding party to the tower room and introduces them to his wife--who is quite mad, watched over by Mrs. Poole, and attempts to attack Rochester.

Sound familiar?

Rod

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2002, 06:12:55 AM »
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
?

How long before we start feeling Magda has some tie to Crazy Jenneeeeee??
Julia99

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 06:35:20 AM »
8 6 7 5 3 0 9
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2002, 07:06:49 AM »
8 6 7 5 3 0 9

You know the funny thing is I've been tempted to give that # to guys as a fake # if I don't like then because 867 is actually a prefix in Dallas.  I'd just stick a 972 infront of it and they wouldnt catch it right away.  Trouble is, I always forget untill I hear the song again.(I have a Blink 182 cover burned onto a cd.)
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2002, 09:52:03 AM »
I agree that it would have been nice to see an indication or a flashback of what Jenny was like before her madness, considering the ruin she is now.  Marie Wallace really won my respect with this portrayal, and she has many more great scenes in the near future.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

It has been a long time since I've seen the 1897 storyline, but IIRC, there is a scene later on in which Magda describes Jenny when she was younger, and you do get an idea of what Quentin saw...Magda's narrative calls forth a vivid image of how beautiful and vibrant she must have been.  It really emphasizes the tragedy of how she wound up, too.

I agree, Marie Wallace is exceptional in this role, but then I like all her DS portrayals, even Megan Todd.  :D

Cheers,

Linda

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2002, 10:31:49 AM »
Prof.Stokes Wrote:

I asked myself when Rachel was trapped in the tower and screaming for help, is it possible for Dirk to hear her over the storm?  If so, how is it that nobody ever knew Jenny was hidden in the tower?  I'm sure she never made a peep in all her months of confinement

It's amazing how Dirk managed to hear Rachel screaming!  Here we have the Tower room which is suppose to be located high up on the house,  a storm so loud that I could barely hear what was being said between anyone at Collinwood, and windows that supposidly don't open, and yet Dirk hears it all!!  What does he have super sonic hearing now?

I remember when Millicent was screaming to high Heaven up there when Barnabas had bitten her in 1795 and yet no one heard a sound.[hdscrt]

"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2002, 01:18:09 PM »
I found myself wishing Rachel would just STAY locked up in there - at least for a couple of weeks.
No big deal.  She DID have her hanky with her.

[uzi]

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2002, 02:17:19 PM »
About the Jane Eyre storyline -- I cannot see Edward and Rachel as a couple although they deserve each other.

There was an episode where we saw what Jenny looked like before ... it comes later in the storyline and has to do with the baby's casket Barnabas and Chris dug up in the woods.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2002, 02:48:25 PM »
Don't worry, this isn't a spoiler.

My memory may be faulty, but at one point don't we see a photograph of Jenny before she went Norman Bates?

Gerard

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2002, 06:29:18 PM »

N

This reminds me of that infamous definition of a Boston Brahmin: someone who has a membership at the Boston Athenaeum (where I work), a seat at Symphony Hall and a relative at McLean's (psychiatric hospital)!  
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher