Author Topic: Who do you dislike the most?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you dislike the most?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2002, 11:13:15 AM »
Connie, you NEVER disappoint!

LOL!!!

Thanks for the late night scream. All the tensions of the day have been released - makes for a great night's sleep. [sleep]

dom (who is ALWAYS happy to end the night with a hardy laugh.[lghy])

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2002, 04:36:50 PM »
Bravo! [hello]  Angelique's undiscriminating and unchecked cruelty always repulsed me, and even though she occasionally put her powers to good use, I could never ignore what a brutal stalker she was at the core.

I also have to concur with sheenasma.  Angelique may be a hateful character for doing hateful things, but Amanda Harris is an insult to the species for being such a shallow, worthless whiner.  I'm not too crazy about PT Roxanne either.

Well put ProfStokes, I could never get the romantic angle to Angelique.  I was stalked once and I did not find the attention romantic just scary and unwanted.
    I agree with your opinion on Amanda Harris and could not have said it better.  Roxanne was just an odd choice to put with Barnabas.  He came off looking like a leacherous old man.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2002, 06:21:26 PM »
Connie,
That was so funny!
You little devil, you! [frkoff]
ROTFLOL!!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2002, 07:27:38 PM »
LOL loved the storyboard.

I dislike:

- Peter Bradford: The first time I saw him I saw he wasn't that great of an actor. I decided I would wait for some improvement . . . still waiting.

- Jeff Clark: The way he treated Vicky was just plain horrible. He says he loves her? He acts like he wants to kill her! I remember a friend and I once wrote a story where Vicky and Carolyn shave Jeff's head while he's sleeping.

- Ned Stuart: The worst Roger Davis character I've seen so far. The way he treats his poor sister is just . . .ugh.

- Dirk Wilkins: I've only seen him in two episodes so far, and I understand he gets better, but right now I dislike him just as much as Jeff.

- Victoria Winters #2: I guess being with Jeff rubbed off on her and she got cosmetic sergery during one of her days off from Collinwood in an effort to be more like Jeff, including getting a shrill voice. Thank god Victoria #3 was a big improvement.

- Adam: His character just annoys me to death. Lord Julia, you should've let Barnabas kill him!! I was glad when Eve came along to torment him.

- Dr. Eric Lang: Overacting, big time. And that tape just kept on playing and playing and playing and playing and playing and playing and playing . . . and playing.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2002, 08:08:39 PM »
Really feeling the need to weigh back in on this thread - can't believe I left out ANY character portrayed by Roger Davis (but esp. Ned Stuart). He constantly paws all the female characters (yuck), just shamelessly overacts and appears to be, shall we say, over-caffeinated (or something - LOL). Then there's that little thing with the *hair.* ;)

Also not a huge fan of Aunt Abigail - she's such a hateful self-righteous old biddy!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2002, 08:18:49 PM »
ROTFL Connie that was pre disco hair can't you see Bruno in  Saturday Night Fever following Tony around!
and i'm with you Luciaphil about Angelique !

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2002, 09:22:40 PM »
Oh, Connie - I literally laughed myself to tears!  [emblgh]  You just crack me up (hairboy...haaaaaaaaaaaaa!)

Lord knows, I've always had this thing about the hairdos on DS but Mr. Stroka and all his characters continue to hold the Big Hair title on the show.  Which brings me to Roxanne...who I thought I disliked mainly because of her irritating (well, to me [silly] ) Julie Andrews do but now think it is also due to the possiblity that she subconciously reminds me of someone from my long forgotten high school days.  Can't decide exactly who that was but I probably still want to slap her (::meow, spit, spit:: ).

Hey, do you think whoever wrote "Fatal Attraction" may have been influenced by Angelique?
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2002, 01:58:38 AM »
Which brings me to Roxanne...who I thought I disliked mainly because of her irritating (well, to me [silly] ) Julie Andrews do but now think it is also due to the possiblity that she subconciously reminds me of someone from my long forgotten high school days.  Can't decide exactly who that was but I probably still want to slap her.

You might well have known someone like her, especially the shag hairdo, BUT it isn't a requirement for wanting to slap her! She just seems to invoke that desire, and, yes, Barney's reaction to her makes it that much worse. Yeccchhhh. Amanda/Olivia is just pure nails on a chalk board. I never can quite put my finger on why and how she is as bad as she is. She's very pretty to look at, her voice is awful, but even the awful parts wouldn't seem to add up to being as truly terrible as she is. My least favorite female on the show.  

Adam still wins though.

And Michael Stroka was simply hilarious. I couldn't hate his roles, I'm too busy looking at the hair. Amazing, just amazing....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2002, 06:00:43 AM »
Connie, keep those story boards coming. lmao

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2002, 07:46:47 AM »
And Michael Stroka was simply hilarious. I couldn't hate his roles, I'm too busy looking at the hair. Amazing, just amazing....

For me, it's the clothes.  His clothes in PT 1970 are something else.  They're like something out of the revival production of Guys and Dolls, but less restrained.  I keep expecting him to burst into song.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2002, 09:13:13 AM »

For me, it's the clothes.  His clothes in PT 1970 are something else.  They're like something out of the revival production of Guys and Dolls, but less restrained.  I keep expecting him to burst into song.

Luciaphil

ROTFL
[pimp] also!!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Bouchard

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique Bouchard is the BEST
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2002, 05:01:49 AM »
Sarah Collins!! I'm glad she died when she did. She almost ruined the 1795 storyline! She belted out her lines like she was some kind of Christina Aguilera. it was so so so so so so so annoying! damn her!

There's now something in my signature, because I do want something in my signature

~~BrandonBouchard

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2002, 05:07:56 AM »
May as well join the Sheenasma bandwagon and say Amanda Harris.  She was pretty annoying and pretty much did what ever she could to move up in the world.  I hate people that do that.  Don't care who they step on  or hurt on the way up.  Not that I know from experience or anything. ;-)

Oh or Alexander.  He was pretty obnoxious too.  I saw a kid at a fair one time carrying a box and about 10 people asked him what was in it.  After about the 5th time of answering them, he said "A Gwass hoppah!!!!"  I looked at my friend (Who, thank god, was a DS fan) and said, OMG it's Alexander!  And we burst into giggles.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2002, 02:40:14 PM »
I have to say all the Leviathan brats...Alexander should have been dangled by his feet from the tower...the first Trask was extremely dislikable but was a well acted role...Leviathan demon children... and people wonder why we are not having kids...

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2006, 04:03:52 AM »
I didn't exactly dislike him but Burke #2 got on my nerves at times....he's constantly barking orders at Vicki...Stop getting so fascinated with the past....Stop hanging around the Old House.....Stop hanging around Barnabas......stop worrying about David and marry me so I can take you away from Collinwood. Dang, he could really be so dang bossy! I could never marry a man like that and can't understand why Vicki would. :(

Again don't really hate Adam, it was his behavior at times that I deplore. Constantly [spoiler]demanding a mate, constantly threatening the Collins family and Vicki.......though in fairness it was Nicholas who put the idea of getting a mate into his head and by any means necessary.[/spoiler]

edited by mod