Author Topic: Judith Collins Rocks!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Judith Collins Rocks!
« on: October 26, 2002, 05:10:30 AM »
 I've not had much to say about Joan B's work on DS aside from a snide remark about the bows and an appreciation of Flora.  But her portrayl of Judith is grande!  Such a prude. . how did she and Q come outta the same womb?
Julia99

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Judith Collins Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 01:52:57 AM »
  Such a prude. . how did she and Q come outta the same womb?

Not too mention Carl! I'm guessing it is the birth order thing. As the oldest and only girl, MUCH more responsibility was given to Judith.  And obviously the sun doesn't rise and shine with her presence for Grandmamama the way it does for Edward, so I think it safe to say the poor thing has ALL of the unpleasant responsibilities and gets NO credit. Fortunately, for us, it has definately sharpened her wit. I'm thrilled to see Bennett back in action again.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 02:34:17 AM »
The 1897 "family" is one of my favorites.  Joan Bennett *finally* has a substantial character, and Selby is superb.  As for Carl...I'm not following the current run very closely so don't know how far we're into this yet...but the episode where Barn. meets Carl is one of those classic DS moments.
Gotta get out those MPI tapes, lol.

MrsJ.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 03:04:37 AM »
If you think she's fun now, just wait until later when she comes into her own, ahem.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:16:17 PM »
Judith was indeed such a blast.....I just loved the scene where [spoiler]she announces to her brothers she is now the mistress of Collinwood and now in charge.I loved their reactions: Edward is furious, Carl is shocked and Quentin is amused. And Judith dragging Edward out of bed in the middle of the night to tell him she's moving into Grandmama's old room is priceless.[/spoiler]

And her exchanges with Quentin are always fun to watch. [hall2_wink]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »
Judith was indeed such a blast.....I just loved the scene where [spoiler]she announces to her brothers she is now the mistress of Collinwood and now in charge.I loved their reactions: Edward is furious, Carl is shocked and Quentin is amused. And Judith dragging Edward out of bed in the middle of the night to tell him she's moving into Grandmama's old room is priceless.[/spoiler]
And her exchanges with Quentin are always fun to watch. [hall2_wink]

Agreed. I love how she calls everyone in so she can read them their "obituaries". Classic! The only thing I didn't like is that she was out of commission for so long for [spoiler]Trask and Hanley driving her insane. She had to be shipped off to some insane asylum, and didn't come back for the longest time![/spoiler] I think she's absent for at least 1 1/2 Set of the DVD's which is like 60 episodes. That is TOOO many. But when she comes back she sure does get her revenge.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 03:39:07 AM »
Yeah I agree Judith was gone too long for my liking during the 1897 story. I figure Joan was either taking a vacation or doing another project at the time so that's why she was MIA during the middle of the 1897 storyline.

I also agree though that Judith's return was well worth the wait....[spoiler]I hated Trask and Evan for doing that to her....had he not been killed by Garth Blackwood, I think Evan should have been bricked up in Quentin's room along with Trask![/spoiler]