Author Topic: Worst Casting Choices on DS?!?  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Worst Casting Choices on DS?!?
« on: October 14, 2002, 05:53:18 AM »
I'll nominate Roger whatever as a 3rd stupid character in the span of 12 months. . now honestly, who was he doing?  Just joking!! I don't want to get in trouble but seriously .. bringing him back as Ned was just plain D.U.M.B.
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Casting Choices on DS?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2002, 11:30:22 AM »
Just wait....
if you think his other characters were bad
This one tops them all!

I read in one of the DS books that Roger Davis was a favorite of Dan Curtis and he wanted to bring him back. And with Alexandra Moltke gone from the show, R.D. would have to come back as a totally different character altogether instead of Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford.

What I find disturbing with that is the fact that some of the characters still recongnize him as Jeff Clark!  Carolyn, Barnabas & Julia all thought he was Jeff and made remarks about it.  I think if they were going to bring him back as a totally different character, they should have just left it at that.  It's one thing for the viewers to see this, but to have the characters on the show recognize him too, just makes the whole thing look silly.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2002, 03:41:19 PM »
Ned Stuart, Jeff Clark and Peter Bradford are all bad character for Roger Davis to take on....period.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2002, 05:10:40 PM »
Ned Stuart, Jeff Clark and Peter Bradford are all bad character for Roger Davis to take on....period.

I don't think it's the characters that are bad.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2002, 08:25:18 PM »

What I find disturbing with that is the fact that some of the characters still recongnize him as Jeff Clark!  Carolyn, Barnabas & Julia all thought he was Jeff and made remarks about it.  I think if they were going to bring him back as a totally different character, they should have just left it at that.  It's one thing for the viewers to see this, but to have the characters on the show recognize him too, just makes the whole thing look silly.

I disagree. I appreciate the fact that the characters recognize people when they're suddenly supposed to be someone different. For instance, there was no good reason for Victoria to scream "Matthew Morgan!" when she went back to 1795 and met Ben Stokes, given how long it had been since Thayer David had been on the show; but they let us know that the characters are seeing the same thing we're seeing. There's enough holes for us to fill in without having to simply "pretend" about stuff like this or just go along with it without explanation.

However, I agree this particular re-cast was entirely stupid. There should be some connection between Ned Stuart and Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford to explain the resemblance. And with only two weeks left before traveling to 1897, why couldn't they have simply waited until then before bringing back Roger Davis? They certainly made Laura Parker wait until then. I don't know what the heck Dan Curtis saw in this guy be he's not exactly "all that and a bag of chips."

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2002, 11:24:13 PM »
Dr.Eric Lang Wrote:
I disagree. I appreciate the fact that the characters recognize people when they're suddenly supposed to be someone different. For instance, there was no good reason for Victoria to scream "Matthew Morgan!" when she went back to 1795 and met Ben Stokes, given how long it had been since Thayer David had been on the show; but they let us know that the characters are seeing the same thing we're seeing. There's enough holes for us to fill in without having to simply "pretend" about stuff like this or just go along with it without explanation.  

I can understand that Chris, but what I don't get is why they do this for some characters and not others?  

SPOILER....SPOILER.....SPOILER....SPOILER......SPOILER..

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

For instance, when K.L.S. returns in 1897 as Lady Kitty, why doesn't anyone remember her as 'Rachel Drummond?"   And this occurs in the same storyline so there was no time for "memory lapses" here. ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2002, 08:50:27 PM »
i'm tryng to remember if there was  really any purpose for Ned other than a part for RD and a chance for him to scream and yell oh and to maul Lisa Richards!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2002, 02:01:27 AM »
Dr.Eric Lang Wrote:
I can understand that Chris, but what I don't get is why they do this for some characters and not others?

I don't know, and it's that inconsistency that bugs me. If Carolyn recognizes Ned Stuart as Jeff Clark, she and everyone else at Collinwood should notice the strong resemblance between Professor Stokes and their late groundskeeper, Matthew Morgan. The Rachel Drummond/Lady Kitty example is another one that bugs me. This is why they shouldn't have had any of the actors play more than one part in the same time line.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2002, 04:13:45 AM »

I don't know, and it's that inconsistency that bugs me. If Carolyn recognizes Ned Stuart as Jeff Clark, she and everyone else at Collinwood should notice the strong resemblance between Professor Stokes and their late groundskeeper, Matthew Morgan.

Matthew Morgan and Prof. Stokes dont exactly look alike. Matthew was more scruffy while Prof. Stokes has a cleaner look. But, Ned Stuart looks like an exact copy of Jeff Clark.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2002, 07:33:19 AM »

Matthew Morgan and Prof. Stokes dont exactly look alike. Matthew was more scruffy while Prof. Stokes has a cleaner look. But, Ned Stuart looks like an exact copy of Jeff Clark.

whatever we are talking about has been completely derailed by your hysterical avatar. . .
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2002, 11:04:12 AM »
DStoDA Wrote:
Ned Stuart looks like an exact copy of Jeff Clark.

And he acts just like him too!! [argue]

Sometimes I actually forget that this is a whole new character now and still call him Jeff Clark! [scrm]
"Calamity Jane"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 02:23:23 PM »
I wish they could have found someone else to play Randall Drew, man that guy was stiff! Geoffrey Scott, who played Sky Rumson, was pretty stiff too. :-