Author Topic: Barnabas Collins, Outstanding Citizen  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
Barnabas Collins, Outstanding Citizen
« on: October 04, 2002, 05:20:25 PM »
I got a kick out of yesterday's exchange between the Sheriff and Chris after Barnabas called to tell him that he and Chris had been drinking all night.  Mr. Collins word is all you need in this town.  This, even though Barnabas is usually the #1 suspect when anything funky happens in town i.e. Adam.

Consistency, thy name isn't Dark Shadows.

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas Collins, Outstanding Citizen
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 05:46:54 PM »
I got a kick out of yesterday's exchange between the Sheriff and Chris after Barnabas called to tell him that he and Chris had been drinking all night.  Mr. Collins word is all you need in this town.  This, even though Barnabas is usually the #1 suspect when anything funky happens in town i.e. Adam.

I don't know, just because Barnabas is usually interrogated doesn't necessarily mean he's a suspect. Who would have suspected that he was in any way responsible for Adam's appearance in Collinwood? It seems to me that they usually suspect he knows something, rather than being responsible for the crimes themselves.
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2002, 10:32:09 PM »

I also got a kick out of the front page headline on the Collinsport Star: "Mystery Muder." Shouldn't that be "Another Mystery Murder?" In fact, after all the mystery murders they've had in this town, I would hardly expect it to be front page news anymore. They should just have a static ad space on the back page to list the latest casualties.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2002, 11:20:44 PM »

One of my favorite & amusing lines concerning the Sheriff was when he and his men were all out in the woods searching for Adam.  When they got nearer to the old house,  the Sheriff pointed his finger towards the house and said to his men, "Everytime something strange happens around here, it always points to that house!"    He was never so right as he was at that moment!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2002, 11:54:06 PM »

I was thinking the same thing! It is not so long ago that they were wanting to search the basement at the Old House and Barney was very suspicious indeed. Now, he is the man to have vouch for you! Well, all that changing Sheriff Patterson has done would confuse anybody....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Connie

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2002, 05:12:18 AM »
All I can say is, I just LOVED Barnabas in yesterday's and today's shows.  Frid was really "on".  There was something special about his performances.  He seemed more animated - more real - more expressive.
PLUS...little or no teleprompter.
Loved his scenes with Chris.

A+ !!    [thumb]

(IMHO)
-CLC

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2002, 03:49:02 AM »
All I can say is, I just LOVED Barnabas in yesterday's and today's shows.  Frid was really "on".  There was something special about his performances.  He seemed more animated - more real - more expressive.
PLUS...little or no teleprompter.
Loved his scenes with Chris.

A+ !!    [thumb]

Probably just got a big fat raise!

$$$   [thumb]
Julia99

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2002, 06:33:32 AM »
He was less historionic, but just as foppish as ever!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2002, 06:57:20 PM »

I find that Frid is a magnificent actor.  So what if he doesn't always remember his lines...and like you say, when he's 'on'...oh man he is on!  His face, his voice, the expressions.  One of my favorites is when he goes to Maggie's house after her return from Windcliffe to see if she really doesn't recognize him like Dr. Hoffman says.  Another is when Lady Hampshire and Edward announce their engagement and his reaction to that.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2002, 07:34:50 PM »

Another is when Lady Hampshire and Edward announce their engagement and his reaction to that.

That look on his face is priceless!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2002, 09:30:32 PM »
I got a kick out of yesterday's exchange between the Sheriff and Chris after Barnabas called to tell him that he and Chris had been drinking all night.

Another thing that struck funny about Patterson, was how he sounded like "Why didn't you just TELL me you were plastered! HELL, drinking and passing out is a GREAT ALIBI!" I think we all know what the good sheriff does in his spare time now.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2002, 10:08:21 PM »

Another thing that struck funny about Patterson, was how he sounded like "Why didn't you just TELL me you were plastered! HELL, drinking and passing out is a GREAT ALIBI!" I think we all know what the good sheriff does in his spare time now.

Lord knows I use it all the time.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2002, 10:10:42 PM »
Lord knows I use it all the time.

LOL!

Offline Bernie

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2002, 06:00:12 AM »
One of my favorite & amusing lines concerning the Sheriff was when he and his men were all out in the woods searching for Adam.  When they got nearer to the old house,  the Sheriff pointed his finger towards the house and said to his men, "Everytime something strange happens around here, it always points to that house!"    He was never so right as he was at that moment!

LOL!!  Poor Sherriff Patterson.  He certainly was no Columbo!

Bernie

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2002, 06:28:49 AM »
Poor Sherriff Patterson.  He certainly was no Columbo!

He wasn't even Barney Fife!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...