Author Topic: Different Characters, Same Actor  (Read 2853 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Different Characters, Same Actor
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »
Maggie.  She was just a nice girl.  Someone you would want to be your next door neighbor.

I'd be in HEAVEN if she was MY next door neighbor. [hall_smiley]
Alex adores Maggie Evans

IluvBarnabas

Re: Different Characters, Same Actor
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 03:50:40 AM »
Joan Bennett.....really hard to choose she was great in all of her roles.......my personal favorites would have to be Elizabeth, Judith and Flora. Elizabeth had elegance and class, Judith was a bit of a bigoted snob at first but then she really became someone you could root for (especially sinch [spoiler]she was married to the worst Trask of them all Gregory, she really got him good and that alone makes me cheer for her),[/spoiler] Flora was such a free spirit (the 1840 RT version that was). I consider Joan an excellent actress, so versitle she even excelled in the less than good stories the writers gave her (have to agree the [spoiler]death/buried alive obsession[/spoiler] did drag on a bit more for my liking).

Louis Edmonds....Joshua Collins. At times Joshua could be so pompous it was hilarious, in more serious moments he could be stern, stubborn, but also very emotional. True Joshua rarely showed his emotions until he and Barnabas said goodbye....the looks they gave each other said it all to me that Joshua was capable of love, if he wasn't it would have been all too easy for him to [spoiler]shoot the silver bullets into Barnabas.[/spoiler]

Nancy Barrett....loved Carolyn but I feel Charity Trask [spoiler](possessed by Pansy Faye)[/spoiler] really gave Nancy a chance to shine her amazing acting ability. Loved her as Leticia as well. And even though I didn't like the Parallel Time story I thought she really outdid herself as the low self-esteemed alter-ego Carolyn Loomis.

John Karlen.....he made Willie into such a great character, from hot-tempered, violent, rob-graving jerk to the conscious-stricken, loyal servant, and all-around great friend he gradually became. But as for my personal favorite character from him would have to be Desmond Collins....Desmond was a great, brave and loving guy from beginning to the end. I loved his relationship with Leticia and friendship with Quentin. Also, like Nancy, John was one of the few bright spots in a rather tedious storyline.

Thayer David....this one is easy....Professor Stokes. Like Joan, he was great in all the roles but I personally loved the Professor because he was smart, had a sense of humor, and he told it like it was.

Kathryn Leigh Scott.....Maggie Evans. She was just so down-to-earth, which I appreciate. She went through a lot of unnecessary heartache, but throughout it all she kept her head....at least until later on near the end of the show.

edited by mod