Author Topic: Nicolas Blair  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Nicolas Blair
« on: July 16, 2002, 11:41:55 PM »
The only things Nicolas Blair lacks are horns, a tail and a pitch fork.  ^^  ~  -----<  .

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Nicolas Blair
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 11:44:44 PM »
I don't know, Tanis.....we really can't tell about the tail, can we?

[lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 12:11:58 AM »
and being the head of his own law firm, of course.
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 01:51:59 AM »
Rainey

You are right about the tail.  Unless the suit is made to accomodate it somehow.  Guess we will never know.

Be rather miserable sitting down if it were concealed.

;D

Tanis

Anyone else have any artwork they would like to do with the keyboard characters?
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline The charming Mr. Blair

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 02:02:22 AM »
Come now people. That delightful little smile. Those good manners. The genuine concern he shows for humankind. As Maggie Evens said, "What a nice man!"
In reality, I sure am getting a kick out of this Mr. Blair. As little Anthony ( from that famous "Twilight Zone" episode) might have said..."Your a bad man, Nicholas Blair. Your a very bad man!! (If only he could be turn into a Jack in the Box)
This Blair dude is pure bad. He makes Angelique look like Mother Teresa. But, that funny little hat, that evil smile, that phony charm,  and those condescending words of concern...... how priceless
I must go. However, I shalln't be long.
 Good day everyone!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 02:26:19 AM »
Hey gang,

Have you noticed that when Nicholas Blair smiles (or, as I like to describe him as, an oleaginous fop), that he shows both his upper and lower sets of teeth?

I haven't seen such a (as Eddie Murphy would describe it) big-"fanny" smile since I saw Wally-Gator in those wonderful Hanna-Barbera cartoons of the1960's.

You know, with that sporty hat and those seemingly omnipresent gray gloves, Nicholas sort of also looks like a preening, narcissistic Captain Von Trapp.

Somehow, I just can't see the pretentious Nicholas, hanging out at the Blue Whale, downing a few brewskies with  Bob Rooney and Sheriff Paterson.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, beer lover and regular guy

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 04:55:18 AM »
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!

All this time I've been going crazy trying to figure it out and THAT'S IT!!!

Captain Von Trapp!!

Thanks Bob....I can sleep tonight!

[lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 05:28:05 AM »
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!

All this time I've been going crazy trying to figure it out and THAT'S IT!!!

Captain Von Trapp!![lghy]

And with Cassandra's uncanny resemblance to Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins, we have a kinky sort of six degrees of separation thing going.

Luciaphil
(who may never be able to watch Sound of Music or Thoroughly Modern Millie in quite the same way again)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholas Blair
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2002, 06:03:14 AM »
I've just been trying to figure out the structural design that keeps Nicky's hair looking like that.

Did he bring in the guys who built Hoover Dam...?

Or is it a pact with Satan's hairdresser...?

?!? :o :-/
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re:  Nicolas Blair
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2002, 06:20:20 AM »
As little Anthony ( from that famous "Twilight Zone" episode) might have said..."

That was Shimmy shimmy Coco-bah!

Ringo [jester]

[I think I'm goin' out of my head!}
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 11:40:18 AM »
he is purely creepy to me.  Maybe it is just that guy's appearance, but he is just strange looking to me. ?!?

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2002, 04:21:09 PM »
Hey gang,

Have you noticed that when Nicholas Blair smiles (or, as I like to describe him as, an oleaginous fop), that he shows both his upper and lower sets of teeth?

You know, with that sporty hat and those seemingly omnipresent gray gloves, Nicholas sort of also looks like a preening, narcissistic Captain Von Trapp.

LOL!!  That is a priceless observation!  And I used to have a little crush on the good Captain von Trapp.  (Oooh, that Landler scene - don't even get me started! :P)  Well, no more of that.

Yes, Nick is quite a snake, isn't he?  And that toothy, smarmy grin is one of the creepiest things since Angelique's mesmerizing stare.  

Astredo really does a "fiend" job!  ;)

With Nicholas I am reminded of two things:  The Biblical tale of Adam and Eve describing the serpent as the most subtle of beasts.

Then there is Captain Gregg's wonderful line in "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" (one of the most romantic and wonderful films of all time, BTW) where he warns Lucy about "perfumed parlor snakes".  

Cross the serpent with the perfumed parlor snakes and you have a pretty good approximation of our Mr. Blair.  

Maggie, watch out!

Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2002, 04:40:41 PM »
Dear Raineypark,

I'm glad that I was able to be of assistance with your nettlesome loss of sleep problem.  Heck, I'm known to be better than Ambien in putting people to sleep!  

You know, I've always wondered how Julia (among other DS characters) can get a full, restful night's sleep after sitting/sleeping in that uncomfortable looking wingback chair in the Old House drawing room.  I'm surprised that she doesn't need an adjustment from Collinsport only chiropractor, Dr. Sammy Subluxation, the next morning!

By the way, try thinking  of Nicholas Blair singing "Adelwies" to Maggie Evans as they dine at the Blue Whale Tavern.

Dear Scout75,

I'm glad that you broached the compelling question of Nicholas Blair's hair.  Do you remember the great Dick Tracy comic strip and cartoon show?  Well, the late, great cartoonist (and Dick Tracy creator), Chester Gould, had an arch villain named "Flat Top" in the comic strip.  He looked remarkably just like Nicholas Blair, same flat, Kansas wheat field look on the top of his dome.

I have to wonder if Nicholas took a hot steam iron and literally flattened the follicles on the top of his head.  I don't want to say that Nicky B.'s coiffure is too stiff looking, but I have to believe that the Royal Navy could safely land and take-off one of its VTOL's, Vertical Take-Off and Landing air craft on top of Mr. Blair's noggin!

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who finds serenity in whistling "How Do You Solve A Mystery Like Maria Conchita Alonso" during the day.

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2002, 08:56:40 PM »
Yes, Nick is quite a snake, isn't he?  -- describing the serpent as the most subtle of beasts.

Cross the serpent with the perfumed parlor snakes and you have a pretty good approximation of our Mr. Blair.  

Maggie, watch out!

When they do a close-up on Nick, I always think of the Cigar Smoking Smiling Snake in 'Seven Faces of Dr. Lao'  ::) 8) :o ;D :D ;) :) [they don't make'em like that no more!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 05:45:25 PM »
Nicholas was such a charming and clever villian, his only downfall was he dared to fall in love! That's not allowed with Satan's right-hand man! [hall2_wink]