Author Topic: Next?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Next?
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:22:14 PM »
TLATKLS left DS to have start a family.

If DS had continued to run, which 'character' do you think would have left next?

And why?

I've used each actor's main character name.

If I forgot a character, add that character as well.

Have fun!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Next?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »
ummm...consider it your PATRIOTICduty to cast your vote....

Please??

[snow_ghost] Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »
Nancy Barrett was actually planning on leaving DS but the series was canceled before that.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:35:04 PM »
Okay. Let's take it from the end of the series, present day Collinwood. Characters we have are:

Barnabas, Liz, Roger, David, Carolyn, Julia, Quentin, Sebastian Shaw (?), Angelique.....

Based from that, I'd probably say that Sebastian would've left. He was the least-central character to the show, especially compared to all the others. David and Carolyn would've stayed in the spolight, because as David was still not an adult, there was still plenty of instances where he could've been put in danger. He wouldn't be there everyday, but in the later years he never was. As he grew older they could've sent him away to college or even kept him in town to develop some story with him. Same with Carolyn.

Of the core cast, I think Roger or Liz would've been axed. Personally, I would kill one of them, just to have shaken things up in the house. A mysterious death of one of the core characters, and a murder mystery to solve. Was it something supernatural? Could've been! Maybe that could've led to a new baddie being introduced.

But, of course, Barnabas, Julia, Angelique, and Quentin wouldn't have been touched. Otherwise, the audience would cry fowl.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 12:55:31 AM »

But, of course, Barnabas, Julia, Angelique, and Quentin wouldn't have been touched. Otherwise, the audience would cry fowl.

[snow_cry] Duck!

I had no idea Nancy Barrett was keen to leave. I had heard/read that JF was tired of playing Barnabas (at all or just as a vampire, I'm sure someone can shed light on this) so I thought he might be the next to leave. I wonder if the show could have continued without him? Perhaps they could have him be overcome by his vampiric instincts, forcing Julia to seal him in the coffin again. Thus JF could leave the show and they could always leave it open that way for his return, should he have wished it (and had they gone that route).