Author Topic: a post-1795 question(or two)  (Read 778 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
a post-1795 question(or two)
« on: July 24, 2004, 07:22:28 PM »
when vicki "returns" to the present from her journey into the past [spoiler]barnabas becomes obsessed with the idea that she learned his secret while there.he places vicki under his spell and convinces her to go away with him so she will never reveal what she may know.en route to said getaway they get into the carcrash(my fave).afterwards the story goes foreward to dr. lang's "treatment" of barnabas.he seems to then loose all interest in vicki's potential knowledge of the past.why?
second part.once vicki is no longer under barnabas' spell,doesn't she think it odd that she was about to marry him?[/spoiler] ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: a post-1795 question(or two)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 10:25:18 PM »
And what about Carolyn??  [spoiler]She had been Barnabas blood bank for weeks, and even though she appears to be out from his control cause of Dr. Langs treatment, I believe that she would certainly be looking at B just a little differently...Its like "my cousin used to be a vampire, and drank from me a lot, but he is not a vampire anymore, so everything is cool".[/spoiler]   Its like the old plot is swept under the rug, to get on with the new, ala the Adam story line, once its over, he is never mentioned again..   
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 10:38:20 PM »
Quote from: mscbryk
[spoiler]en route to said getaway they get into the carcrash(my fave).afterwards the story goes foreward to dr. lang's "treatment" of barnabas.he seems to then loose all interest in vicki's potential knowledge of the past.why?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Vampire amnesia perhaps caused by the car accident?[/spoiler]
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 12:07:43 AM »
[spoiler]I think that when Barnabas was cured of being a vampire, it caused Carolyn to forget she was bit by him.[/spoiler]

Though, why does Julia have a scarf around her neck?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 01:16:41 AM »
there was a scene where [spoiler]carolyn observes herself in the mirror, casually wondering to julia why she always wore scarves.she knows it has something to do with barnabas but nonchalantly writes it off...done.julia does always wear the same tightly wound scarf.it must have been a popular fashion in 1968, vampire victim or not.[/spoiler]
but back on topic, [spoiler]after the dr.lang/adam story starts, why does barnabas no longer seem interested in vicki's knowledge of his secret?[/spoiler]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 02:16:17 AM »
The whole modern Barnabas thing is suspicious, to say the least, anyway. The fact that he looks EXACTLY like the portrait of the "original" (heh, heh) Barnabas is wierd and Barnabas acts wierd period and in normal life I believe he would attract suspicion. There are holes left and right, even in the more beautiful 1795 story (I mean, common didn't ANYONE suspect Angelique)....I can take a few holes and "wink" with them but the Dr. Lang stuff was just copycat most obviously from Frankenstein even to the extent Sam Evan became the kindly blind monster friend.