Author Topic: John Karlen on Barnaby Jones  (Read 274 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
John Karlen on Barnaby Jones
« on: July 01, 2021, 01:21:28 AM »
I was just watching an ep of Barnaby Jones that I recorded this morning and imagine my surprise when John Karlen popped up in a small role as a fence named Easy Eddie. It came as a surprise because his name didn't appear in the opening credits - he wasn't billed until the end credits.

In case anyone would like to watch out for it if it should happen to run on MeTV again, it was the 15th ep from Season 6 and was called The Scapegoat.  IMDb even has a photo of Karlen from the ep here.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: John Karlen on Barnaby Jones
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 06:38:42 AM »
I was watching it and remember seeing it the last time around.  I usually don't realize any of these people are in shows until I'm watching it and at that point it's generally too late to mention.  Dennis Patrick has cropped up a few more times again, I think mostly in Cannon.  By now these things are on for the 4th or 5th time.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 12:50:25 AM »
Dennis Patrick has cropped up a few more times again, I think mostly in Cannon.

Funny you should mention Dennis Patrick because I just finished watching the Barnaby Jones that I'd recorded yesterday and who should have been one of the guest stars but Dennis Patrick. Though, unlike John Karlen, he wasn't a complete surprise because he was billed at the beginning.

And just in case anyone would like to watch out for DP's ep if it should happen to run on MeTV again, it was the 16th ep from Season 6 and was called A Ransom in Diamonds.

Unfortunately, no photo of DP on IMDb...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 06:31:11 AM »
That's funny - I was trying to get to bed earlier that night, so I didn't watch it, but it was on and I happened to look up and saw him!  Since that was the very next night it was quite a coincidence.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 02:32:45 PM »
Since that was the very next night it was quite a coincidence.

Quite!  [easter_wink]

Unfortunately, no photo of DP on IMDb...

I learned how to do something that I never knew was possible until after I just bought a new DVR during Amazon's Prime Day sale (regular price $279.99, on sale for $179.99). It connects to video devices using WiFi rather than cables and it can connect to almost any type of video device, which means it can connect to my phone. So I accessed DP's Barnaby Jones and took a screencap with my phone:

The miracles of technology that would have been unheard of even a few years ago...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 11:51:45 PM »
That's awesome, MB.