Author Topic: Kate Jackson~~Least Likable In Show Biz????? WTF?  (Read 1520 times)

David

Kate Jackson~~Least Likable In Show Biz????? WTF?
« on: December 06, 2007, 07:23:20 AM »
 [santa_shocked]

According to her IMDB page, in 1989 Kate Jackson was voted by Hollywood insiders as among the least likable people in show biz.
WTF?!!!

Lara Parker speaks highly of Kate all the time, they're still in contact.

What brought this shit on, I wonder?

David

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson~~Least Likable In Show Biz????? WTF?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 03:46:30 PM »
david,

this is all many moons ago but if i recall kate(miss jackson if you're nasty!)had developed a reputation for very diva-like behavior.

apparently she was hired to be the "star" of 'charlie's angels' but was quickly overshadowed by her "jigglier" castmates.much to her dismay.

then by the time she appeared on 'scarecrow and mrs. king'(around the time this pole was done in the late 1980's)she was supposedly very difficult and demanding on-set(i forget if money was somehow involved in all this).

a far cry from her "ingenue" days on d.s..
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 05:14:08 PM »
One thing that definitely made her unhappy was having to pass on the role of Dustin Hoffman's wife in Kramer Vs. Kramer because the producers of Charlie's Angels wouldn't allow her to take a leave of absence to do the movie.

As we all know, that role won Meryl Streep an Oscar and established her as a major force in films.

I've often wondered what would have happened if Kate was able to do the role.  Would she have won an Oscar?  Would Meryl Streep be where she is today?  I'd love to see that parallel time band...  [santa_wink]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »
Has KJ ever been at a DS convention?  If not, what are the chances of her ever attending one?

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »
As far as I know, the only DS event she has ever attended is the tribute at the Museum of Television and Radio.

Offline nedstuart

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 10:20:44 PM »
As far as I know, the only DS event she has ever attended is the tribute at the Museum of Television and Radio.

It has been sometime since I have posted last and I had some time today to do so.

I think you are right. I did however get to meet Kate Jackson at the Motor City Comic Book Convention a couple of years ago and she charged a large fee for her autograph so I don't know how it would work out at a DS convention since you don't have to pay for there autographs as long as your not purchasing there merchandise. She also did a Q&A at that event and was very open to questions regarding her days on DS.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »
apparently she was hired to be the "star" of 'charlie's angels' but was quickly overshadowed by her "jigglier" castmates.much to her dismay.

She was totally right in that, but anyone who didn't really care about acting or talent (like maybe her co-stars and those who hired them) could easily see that as diva-like.   She was the only one of the three who could act.   At first, she had the biggest salary.

(Irrelevant: I was so horrified when I heard about this show in an article before it aired.    It was if the makers had discovered a way to make TV more superficial, glitzy, empty, and manipulative than ever before.    You could sense that in the producers' "philosophy".)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor