Author Topic: RTV Revamped  (Read 785 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
RTV Revamped
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:11:13 PM »
I just noticed that RTV(Retro Television Network) has almost completely revamped its schedule and has added several old shows or continues to run shows on which many of the DS stars have made guest appearances. The shows include Perry Mason, 12 O'Clock High, Combat, Love American Style, Cannon, Hawaii Five-0, Bonanza, The Big Valley, Kojak, Rockford Files, The Twilight Zone, The Guns of Will Sonnett, The Wild, Wild West, Lost in Space, Columbo and Peter Gunn(speaking of which, I caught a '59 ep with Dennis Patrick the other day).

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: RTV Revamped
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »
When does this take place? I've been watching Rt 66 and Naked City, but I haven't seen Lost in Space, Columbo, etc.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:49:09 PM »
It looks to me like the changes started today. And once I noticed a different schedule, I checked the schedule for the entire week on my DVR. Lost in Space is on at 8pm ET on Saturdays, and Columbo is on at 8pm ET on Sundays.

David

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:25:56 AM »
These shows are on ME TV. RTV shows Bill Cosby(first series) Naked City, Route 66, Robin Hood, Police Story, Starsky & Hutch, Peter Gunn, The Saint, I Spy, Daniel Boone, and two hosted horror movie shows.
RTV just lost a bunch of shows to ME, and is looking for new programming.
Let's get them to pick up DS!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 06:11:29 AM »
RTV used to show a lot of those shows - but except for Naked City, Route 66, Peter Gunn, and Daniel Boone, the others have all disappeared from the channel as of this week. And except for Daniel Boone, the others that are still on have been banished to once only (twice for Peter Gunn because that one's only 30 minutes) weekend showings, whereas they used to all be on every weekday.

As for DS, I don't see where they would put it because they've already filled all the empty slots with a lot of the shows I've already mentioned as well as ones like M*A*S*H, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Family Affair, The Beverly Hillbillies, etc....

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »
I take everything that I've said here back. Even though it's still listed as RTV on my DVR's schedule and in the TV Guide (even the TV Guide schedule online at their Web site), the station that I watched RTV on has apparently switched to ME TV. I just discovered this a few minutes ago because I recorded Perry Mason earlier, just went to watch it, and saw the ME TV logo in the bottom corner of the screen. I suppose the switch from RTV to ME TV must have happened so fast that the DVR's schedule and even the TV Guide Web site are behind in identifying the channel correctly even though they have the correct programming.

As for RTV, it's still on another area station and I see what you're saying, David, because half the day's schedule is now infomercials.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:00:07 AM »
RTV used to have the CBS library.  It lost it.  Me-TV acquired it.  RTV then adopted the NBC library.  Hearing these recent changes really makes me wonder what happened.  Perhaps some World Vision shows would be a great fit for the station.  Oh wait... there isn't a World Vision anymore!  *sigh*  Now they have to deal with all kinds of agencies if they want these shows.  Somehow, I think they're going to stick to infomercials.   [ghost_wub]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »
I love Peter Gunn & would love to see more episodes beyond what have been released on disc.  I'm sure I could find them on the "grey market."  Hope Emerson was such an incredible presence as Mother.  I read that Minerva Urecal who is always such a wonderful crone in the Anita Bolster mode took over the role after Hope's untimely demise.

My question about these shows is how edited are they for commercials?  I don't get any signal any longer and I don't think those channels are offered in Boston anyway.

It is nice to see that some of these programmers still take an interest in vintage television...It's conceivable that high ticket sales and positive buzz around Depp Shadows could make one of these networks interested in the original show.  I think a deterrent has been how steep the price Worldvision charges is.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
I've been watching Peter Gunn regularly for a few months now, and the eps don't seem to be edited. Or at least I've never asked myself how such and such might have happened because something appears missing. But I'm not familiar with the material, so I can't say for sure there are no edits.

The ep with Dennis Patrick was definitely a treat. And I haven't deleted it from my DVR because I hope to post a few screen caps from it once I get the chance...

David

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:10:26 AM »
The shows I mentioned earlier are the current RTV line up, RTV used to be good, but ME TV is now buch better,
ME has also added Boris Karloff presents Thriller, to air Sunday nights.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »
ACK! I WANT ME TV!!!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.