Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1134_1135  (Read 914 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1134_1135
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:02:20 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1134_1135
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »
Do 1840 people say "double-crossed" as Ang does?   ***   Nice dress Julia, but do you have another?   I LOLed at Angelique and Julia's silent looks at each other as Julia went upstairs.   For the second time (?), MM has to sit there as the Head under closing credits.   I left the room briefly but I think he didn't sneeze or anything.   Wouldn't it have been great?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »
Oh, golly, do I ever feel sorry for Barnabas, having to deal with a blockhead like Angelique.  He asks her to listen to reason, and that's the last thing Angelique would ever do.

I'm very impressed with Julia.  It was easy - relatively speaking - for her to set up a generator in the Old House basement in the 1960s.  But in the 1840s, in order to get her electricity she has to know quite a bit more than I thought she knew.  I know, she's a resident brain on a soap, like Professor Stokes, so we're not supposed to be surprised when she knows anything and everything, but I'm still surprised.  Oh, well, we haven't yet seen the fruits of her efforts, and now we learn that it's all more dependent on the mask of Baal than on electricity, so maybe I shouldn't be so impressed.

Desmond put the mask of Baal in a drawer in the parlor?  I thought he was smarter than that.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
Hilarious that Julia set the Head Case up so that Judah can see she's doing her level best to carry out his orders.

Wonderful bit of silent acting by JF when Barnabas is about to throw his "Dear Roxanne" letter into the fire, then changes his mind.

And the high point of this ep. for me is this bit of dialogue between Julia and Valerie:

V: Don't look so innocent, sister-in-law. I simply wanted you to know that I know that you are no more Barnabas's sister than I am his wife. The intriguing question is, Who are you and what are you to him?
J: [fearlessly, drawing herself up and looking V. squarely in the eye] I am devoted to him. You may interpret that any way you like.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
Yes, she knew the safe thing would have been to deny all feelings, but she wasn't about to, despite the risk.  I liked that.   Odd for me was the fact that she said this while in her devoted-to-Judah phase...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »
Do 1840 people say "double-crossed" as Ang does?   ***   

LP erred. She glances at the teleprompter and corrects herself and says, "betrayed".
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 03:54:12 PM »
I'm very impressed with Julia.  It was easy - relatively speaking - for her to set up a generator in the Old House basement in the 1960s.  But in the 1840s, in order to get her electricity she has to know quite a bit more than I thought she knew.  I know, she's a resident brain on a soap, like Professor Stokes, so we're not supposed to be surprised when she knows anything and everything, but I'm still surprised.

I'm curious to know how the heck she got that mirror up on the ceiling. What a woman!

That's some crummy luggage Angelique has, isn't it?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
Odd for me was the fact that [Julia] said this while in her devoted-to-Judah phase...

Julia's brain may be (temporarily) devoted to Judah, but her heart will always belong to Barnabas!