Author Topic: Why Was Thursday's Montage So Late In Getting Posted?  (Read 803 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Why Was Thursday's Montage So Late In Getting Posted?
« on: March 14, 2003, 10:20:10 PM »
Sorry Thursday's montage was posted so late. Last night I was in the middle of putting it together when all of a sudden my mouse starting jumping all over the screen, opening and closing programs at will, and nothing except shutting the computer down would stop it. I tried several different attempts to figure out what was going on, but nothing worked - though the mouse still worked perfectly fine in Linux. But suddenly the mouse began working in Windows again today as mysteriously as it had flipped out and then stopped working yesterday.

Have I ever mentioned that I HATE Windows?! [scrm]

P.S. - Look for the montage of today's episodes on Saturday...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Why Was Thursday's Montage So Late In Getting Posted?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 10:49:10 PM »
What an odd coincidence.....just yesterday my brother (who's more of a Luddite than I am) was describing how funny it was to watch his computer screen while a friend (who does tech support for a living) was accessing it remotely to fix something.....with windows opening and closing and things moving all around the screen.

It's not possible for someone to do that to your computer without you knowing about it....is it?  ???

rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 12:20:39 AM »
It's not possible for someone to do that to your computer without you knowing about it....is it?  ???

I don't think so - my firewall would have prevented that.

It was definitely something to do with the way Windows was interacting with my mouse - but don't ask me what the hell was going on! >:(

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 05:26:01 PM »
MB...I was thinking of you while watching  Wed. Blake trial; they had some forensic computerpolice cop.
He was talking about 'lenox' (like the china co.), but I was thinking it's how to pronounce Linux. Is it, cause that made me think of you :)

Patti
What a Woman!