Author Topic: Craig Hamrick - prayer request  (Read 11789 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Hamrick - prayer request
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »
Craig and I are animal people ourselves, him cats, me dogs.
Janet/phoebe poodle
I love both cats and dogs myself and lament the fact that I can't have a houseful! Yes, I'd be one of those crazy ladies with a boatload of cats and dogs and proud of it.  It seems that I only restrain myself in the interest of the animals since I want to be able to care for them properly and a boatload doesn't work for the animals or my budget.

I have not been one of the lucky ones - as several on the board have been - to have had the honor of knowing or even briefly meeting Craig.  Two years ago in Tarrytown I spoke with his mother when I went to his booth to buy one of his books.  I wanted to get him to sign it but, she said he was upstairs resting.  I was planning to go back the next day but, never made it.

For some reason and based on things I've read here, on his site, etc. it doesn't surprise me that he is a cat person.  My theory on cat people is that they have the ability to appreciate beauty, individuality and to live and let live.  They tend to be intelligent and non-controlling.  At least, those are some of the lessons I've learned from my late cats.  This is all simply an impression but, I would be willing to bet that Craig is a lot like that.  God bless him on his journey - because that is what I am convinced we are all on.  Some of us are just a bit further down the road than others.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2006, 10:29:02 PM »
 Thank you, that was the way Craig lived his life. It wasn't even a month ago he was at the fest, he went to Europe, lived in Ireland the last three July's. Saw Brazil, took his photo's kept on writing he wrote his TV trivia book while he was taking his chemo treatments. Like Dean he gave back to society why are they taken at 40, I don't know. I do know I will never forget either of them. Especially when I hear this song.

Janet

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »
 You write beautifully Castlebee. Please, when you have the time do a search on Craig Hamrick and see the wonderful pictures he took of his cats Buster and Dusty. He lives on in his work especially his photos they are so good you can actually feel the love he had for those animals and life.

Janet

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2006, 02:02:13 AM »
I'm not a religious person. But I am keeping Craig in my heart and hope that he will find love and joy wherever his footfalls take him. Peace to you, brother.
::mega,mega, mega hug::
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

David

Craig & Joe
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2006, 06:42:34 AM »
I was just looking at Craig's non-DS site, craighamrick.com
His photos are lovely and I urge everyone to take a look.

Also check out craigandjoe.com
to see the work that Craig and his lover did together,
That site has a sweet pic of them together.

and JoeSalvatore.com is Joe's own site.

these guys did wonderful work, separately and together.

David

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Craig & Joe
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2006, 08:55:54 PM »
 Thank you David for posting that. These are two gifted people. Each picture tells a story. Joe is a very talent artist and I am proud to know this man. Craig got sick very soon in the relationship there are people out there that would have ran. But not Joe he loves Craig and stood by his side though the hell of Cancer. I consider Joe a miracle. I know this man, I have seen him holding Craig's hand Monday as sad as the whole thing is. That moment was a touching act of love I will never forget it will give me peace when Craig passes because I know how deeply he was loved. . Joe is working, directing, teaching, taking care of Craig's family and his own, the house, the cats, contacting people, this is a special man.

Janet

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: Craig & Joe
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2006, 09:06:11 PM »
Wow, Joe sounds like he is probably one tired man too!  Whew!  Talk about a full plate!

I know from Craig that Joe is a gifted teacher and stage director.  Glad to know Joe is such a great guy too.

nancy

Thank you David for posting that. These are two gifted people. Each picture tells a story. Joe is a very talent artist and I am proud to know this man. Craig got sick very soon in the relationship there are people out there that would have ran. But not Joe he loves Craig and stood by his side though the hell of Cancer. I consider Joe a miracle. I know this man, I have seen him holding Craig's hand Monday as sad as the whole thing is. That moment was a touching act of love I will never forget it will give me peace when Craig passes because I know how deeply he was loved. . Joe is working, directing, teaching, taking care of Craig's family and his own, the house, the cats, contacting people, this is a special man.

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2006, 12:26:39 AM »
Let me second Janet (Phoebe)'s emotion.  I to can attest that these are deeply connected souls.  They have treate Peter and I with dignity, respect, and compassion.  I know that Joe is aware of each of the comments and actions on this Board and the love and prayers we are sending his way.  I am so glad to now say that Janet is in my life.  Through tragedy we have now connected.  I am glad to call you friend!  You are a very dear person.

DS has introduced some very exceptional people into my life.  Nancy and Kay...the stories we could tell about our times together!  My beloved Helen...who walked us out of the fire after "The Golden Girls: LIVE!" closed, and every day is there for us in so MANY ways.  I could go on and on.  But one pretty amazing story is a woman named Diane.  She posts on here but I am so confused by people's aliases.  She has known me since I was 5 years old and we did many a community theater show together.  In fact I consider her my fist vocal coach.  Life takes on different paths and we hadn't seen each other since I was a teenager.  Though we always asked about the other through family and friends.  At the Tarrytown fest I was in the elevator going up to my room to grab something for a skit.  I looked over and read the woman's name tage standing next to me.  She looked familar...Believe it or not that woman was Diane...almost 20 years later...she recently played Blanche in our GG skit at the fest.  So this show has amazing power to bring people togther,

I would ask that we maintain the positive energy and please don't contact Joe or Craig directly at this time.  The websites being discussed here include some contact information.  As you can imagine Joe is being inundated with emails and since that is his work email listed I want to make sure we are cognizant of that fact.

Janet is closest to the boys.  She will make sure to let everyone know the best way to make contact and at what point.  Janet, Peter, and I are spending some time together on Saturday.  We will make sure to coordinate a communication plan at that time.

Thanks for being there everyone.
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2006, 04:43:16 AM »
 I think the shock of all this has ended. Denial isn't giving me comfort anymore. I want to thank all of you for allowing me to share emotions here. I feel all your hugs, and I don't feel alone. Without Peter and John I would be on the floor of my bathroom screaming they, and all of you are holding me together. Right now it is 11pm and I feel so scared. I was so strong when he was ill, he always got better though it's been 4 years of this hell. Now I have to face the fact I will live a life without my dear friend in it. Yet I have to be strong for Joe. 10 years of acting trainning, but I know I am not that good an actor. I am afraid to cry, afraid I won't stop.

Please know how much I appreciate this place. It is keeping me off the bathroom floor.

Janet

David

Eric by Doris Lund
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2006, 04:52:29 AM »
I'm remembering one of the best books I ever read,
Eric by Doris Lund.
Published in 1974, it's still in print.

Eric Lund died of leukemiea in 1972, aged 22.
His mom, Doris Lund, a journalist at the time, wrote the book Eric to make sense of what happened.

It's a deeply moving testament to the power of love.

David