Author Topic: Craig Hamrick - prayer request  (Read 11790 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Re: Craig Hamrick - prayer request
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 11:18:52 PM »
I, like Annie, have never met Craig, but after reading his essay on the site, he is a very intelligent person.  I think everyone of us should say a prayer for Craig, Joe, his mother, stepfather and his brother. 
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 11:22:12 PM »
Craig's energy level at the Fest was a great surprise to him, he'd had very low energy for nearly a month.  And he'd been given bad news just prior to the Fest about the amount of cancer in his system, and that the experimental treatment from Sloan-Kettering was ineffective.  He's said to me and others here that he has no regrets, he's had the life he dreamed of as a child with his photography and writing in New York City, and finding a supportive and loving life partner, Joe.  We should all feel so blessed but yes, this is sad news to me who's been lucky to call Craig my friend.

Julia99

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 11:58:06 PM »
Sending prayers out to Craig and his loved ones. I know how hard a time it is. Blessings to Craig and his loved ones. I know him mainly by reputation, and he's always struck me as a genuinely wonderful person. Sad news to hear.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 12:32:34 AM »
How tragic to hear. It is comforting that Craig has no regrets and had a life he dreamed of. Most of us cannot say the same. I will keep Craig,Joe and family in my prayers. I guess we never really know the exact time we leave this earth but I'm sure he is going to have a wonderful new journey in a much more peaceful place.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 01:03:55 AM »
I had just finished reading Craig's wonderful book, Barnabas & Company, this very morning, then logged on to read about his declining health. My thoughts and prayers go out to him, his partner, Joe, and his family. His kindness comes through so well in his writing. May he find gentle peace in this time of need.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline barnabasjr

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 01:16:48 AM »
My best wishes and prayers to Craig, Joe and their loved ones. I, too, was amazed at how good he looked at the fest and I truly regret not being able to talk to him.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 01:20:02 AM »
I know from personal experience how difficult this time can be. My thoughts and prayers go out to Craig and his family....

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 01:33:44 AM »
That's terrible news about Craig, and coming so soon after the Festival.  :'(  I remember being relieved to learn he was at the event because it seemed that he was getting better.  However, I agree with Springsteena that it's wonderful to know he was able to live the life he wanted.  He's given so much to us DS fans over the years.  I will certainly give him and his loved ones my prayers.

ProfStokes

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 01:38:30 AM »
Our thoughts and prayers our out there, kid. Please be well. ::smooch!::
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lamar

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 02:10:00 AM »
It was wonderful seeing Craig at the Fest.  I hope that the thoughts and prayers  of everyone connected with Dark Shadows will be of some support to Craig and his loved ones now.

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 02:24:57 AM »
Craig is indeed a great guy. I'm thankful I had a chance to speak with him for a short time at the Festival. I wish Craig, Joe and their families only the best at this very difficult time.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 03:10:08 AM »
i don't believe i've met craig...is he the tall fellow with the reddish hair who sort of "hosts" the fests?

no matter...i wish him and his partner and family all the best in a difficult time.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Craig Hamrick
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 04:11:29 AM »
 Forgive me if I do this wrong I have never posted here before. Phoebe is my dog's name some of you know my real name is Janet. Craig and I have been best of friends for 13 years. Craig is the most amazing human I have ever meet. He moved from a small town in the mid-west to New York City so he could openly be who he was created to be.  When he first found out about his Cancer he told me I want to do everything and see everything I can, and he did. He traveled to places he wanted to see and got to enjoy one of his passions in life, taking pictures, Never once did I ever hear him say he felt sorry for himself.  There was a dream Craig talked about years ago, there was really only one thing he dearly wanted and that was to meet and have a life with his soulmate.  And tonight I am not only praying for my dear friend but for the soulmate that made Craig's dream come true, Joe. I am not a writer, and there is no way I could express my love for Craig in words. Right now I am just grateful he is with Joe. I celebrate Craig's life, he told me he has no regrets and that he felt he was lucky to live the life he has lived. Of course I pray for a miracle but tonight I will get into bed look to the left of me at a picture of Craig and I at Louie Edmonds house and say good night Will, Grace will love you forever.

Thank you for reading this
Janet

Offline johnpeternyc

• Junior Poster
  • Hi kids!
    • View Profile
    • Our NEW Web Page
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 04:41:42 AM »
Janet,

Craig and Joe are both lucky to have you in their lives.  You are a dear and genuine person.  Thank you for everything today it meant a lot to share in the affection and admiration we have for Craig and Craig and Joe collectively.  EVERYTHING you say here is 100% true.

Know Peter and I are here for you if you need anything.

Warmly,
John
Dr. John "DJ" Schaefer
johnschaefernj@aol.com

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 04:42:12 AM »
This is terrible. I was only at the fest for a day, but had corresponded with Craig in some emails a couple of months ago. I kept trying to find an opportunity to say hi, but he was either busy at his table with others, or not at his table! So I didn't get the chance to properly say hello in person.

I don't really know the man, but it sounds like he is facing this with a lot of courage and positivity, and I admire him for it.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS