Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0478  (Read 1085 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0478
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0478
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »
Hurrah!  The Dream Curse has begun.  If Cassandra knew how much pleasure it gives me, she would weep and wail and gnash her teeth.

Isn't Maggie nice!  She's the first person who has spontaneously and wholeheartedly congratulated Cassandra on her marriage to Roger.  And then Cassandra responds by staring at Maggie and making her uneasy.  I don't know why that bothers me, when I know perfectly well that Cassandra has no intention of carrying through on the marriage - but really, Cassandra is very silly.

And isn't Maggie too nice!  Vicky asks Maggie to take into her home a guy whom Vicky has barely met.  That's bad enough, but at least we know that Maggie has a lock on her bedroom door.  But then Vicky casually adds that the guy will stay at the Evans Cottage only until he gets a job - so he's unemployed.  Golly, it could be two or three years before he finds a job!  But Maggie agrees to it then and there.  I guess Maggie is silly, too.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 08:30:01 PM »
I think people may have been far less suspicious of strangers then, but that's going too far, I suppose.   If Maggie vouches for you, you're in with the community, I suppose.

I'm imagining Casselique having to take off her petroleum product wig and chew on it furiously to vent energy and calm down after hearing that you enjoy the Dream Curse.   

Thinking of Willie later, I'm starting to want for us to set up our own Dream Curse dream room, so that we could all take turns shrieking with fear at cobwebs and little toys and whatnot.   That would make for a great fan video.   Then Stokes could walk in and make fun of us and save the day.   John Karlen looked as if he was having the time of his life!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:23:33 AM »
Casselique was mean to one of the few people who congratulated her on her "marriage" to Roger. [snow_cry] However, I think It makes sense that she would choose Maggie, who looks like Josette, as the first recipient of her curse; that's similar to her choosing Tony Peterson, who looks like Trask, as the person to help her against his will.  [snow_rolleyes]

I think people were more trusting of strangers in those days. It's interesting that Jeff was her beckoner in Maggie's dream, since she had never met him yet when she had the dream. But I often have dreams with people in them who I don't recognize, so I guess that's not so unusual. [snow_wink] Besides, this is a "dream curse" - different from a "regular" dream. I love the psychedelic imagery in dreams on DS! [color]

Jeff is in a heap of trouble! [snow_wow] It's scary to think about someone threatening to cut someone's head off! [snow_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
Jeff is in a heap of trouble! [snow_wow] It's scary to think about someone threatening to cut someone's head off!
Oh, gosh, thank you, Sally!  I needed to have that knocked into my head - seriously, I did!  Somehow when Dr. Lang and Jeff talk about it, it comes across as a perfectly normal thing to do.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »
LOL, Lydia! I needed a laugh this very late night/early morning! [snow_laugh]  I know what you mean, though - sometimes the most bizarre things on DS seem perfectly normal! [snow_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 03:03:06 AM »
Cassandra/Angelique must be in seventh heaven running into all these folks who looked like the people she had known in 1795.

It was only natural that she chose Maggie (the spitting image of Josette) as the first one to have the dream....still it was rather mean of Cassandra to make her have the dream almost immediately after Maggie was so friendly to her. But then most witches aren't known for being nice, are they?

As for Maggie taking in Jeff, well at this point, Sam is still around at this point (though we don't see him as often as we use to) I suspect they did it as a favor to Vicki, they are close friends of hers. If Vicki insists that Jeff is trustworthy, no bother to anyone, nicest guy on the planet, etc. etc., then they must have trusted her judgment.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 04:50:49 AM »
I think it's funny that here is Vickie, living in a mansion with several dozen unoccupied bedrooms, and she asks poor Maggie and Sam, living in that cramped little cottage, to put up this total stranger for her!

And talk about funny..I must admit I laughed out loud when I saw Dr. Lang getting ready to decapitate poor Jeff with a teeny tiny little scalpel!  How long do you think it would take for him to do the job with that (with no bucket or anything to catch the streams of blood that would surely result from such an operation.  Hasn't Lang ever heard of the jugular vein)?

And btw, did Julia ever fully explain her ruse of hiding her identity as a doctor to the Collins family?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 07:20:07 AM »
And btw, did Julia ever fully explain her ruse of hiding her identity as a doctor to the Collins family?

Sure, she said she was really there to write a book (on Lang or something) about something besides what she was supposedly there to write about.   It all got handled in fifteen seconds flat in Vicki's bedroom.   Jeez, where were you when that happened, Roland?   Keep up!   All tied up nicely in a neat logical bow, damn it!

If you say things fast enough, you can put one over on everyone!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor