Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Testing
« on: March 30, 2004, 12:16:14 AM »
hello
hello

I wasn't ever able to download the forum fonts (though, it's the first thing my computer pulls up when the keyword is fonts!!)

What am I not doing right?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Testing
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 05:05:26 AM »
Patti wrote:
I wasn't ever able to download the forum fonts

If you're talking about the 2 special fonts that were temporarily available for download in this topic:

!! Forum Fonts !!

they're no longer available for download and are not being used here anymore.

(though, it's the first thing my computer pulls up when the keyword is fonts!!)

It sounds like what you meant to say is that you dl'd them but never did succeed in installing them.  If that's the case, MB's detailed instructions for doing so are still in the topic. :)

What am I not doing right?

I'm sorry but I can't say.  As explained in Reply #8 in the original thread, I can't help you without knowing what wasn't working for you or how far you got, and you never did tell me. [idontknow]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 01:38:12 AM »
Sorry sweetie...when I asked, "What am I not doing right"....I should've said my above words hello were in two different fonts, but didn't appear as I thought they would (in other words, can you do your voodoo and see what I did wrong, or, perhaps this board doesn't support the two fonts I chose).

Can you tell me two 'stylishy' type fonts that this board does support?

Thanks again....stay COOL!!

(or, visit us in the NE...don't have to worry 'bout the heat!!! aaaahhhh...where is spring????)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 03:13:45 AM »
when I asked, "What am I not doing right"....I should've said my above words hello were in two different fonts, but didn't appear as I thought they would (in other words, can you do your voodoo and see what I did wrong, or, perhaps this board doesn't support the two fonts I chose).

Okay.  The forum supports ALL fonts, but in order for you to see them they have to be available on your computer.  I see only the forum's default fonts in your post because I don't have those fonts installed on my computer.  The fonts available to you are in the fonts folder on your computer.  If you have those particular fonts installed on your setup, try spacing between the words and see if that helps**; but if you don't have them installed, there's nothing you or I can do to make them display for you.  (**Spaces are needed in some font names, but not for color names, i.e. lucida handwriting & hotpink.)

The fonts that MB was offering for download a while back were headinjuries and hypewriter only.  But if you didn't finish installing them, you won't find them in your fonts folder.

Can you tell me two 'stylishy' type fonts that this board does support?

Where to find the fonts that will display for you was also explained in this topic:
Font help
specifically, replies #4 & 6.

Keep in mind that just because a font displays for you, it may not display for others unless they have it available in their setup too.

Thanks again....stay COOL!!

No problem there.  It's been raining here all day.  I spent the afternoon bathing suit shopping.  [wink2]