Author Topic: The Blooper  (Read 1395 times)

Online Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The Blooper
« on: May 15, 2002, 08:57:31 AM »
A couple of weeks ago there was a thread in which a lot of "favorite" bloopers were described.  I mentioned this one, but at the time was uncertain of the details and thought someone might jump in to describe it better.  I didn't go back to check, but I think I got it pretty accurately.

This has to be one of my favorites.  It's not only so funny to hear Barnabas say, "Remember someone!" but then, for Lang to supply Dr. Woodard's name, when he could have known nothing about it is simply a riot!!
Josette

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: The Blooper
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 09:00:33 AM »
The ***actor**could've been much more subtle and whispered to Frid. .its almost as if he wanted the audience to know, HE remembered the line.. I think this is where you begin to see the **off screen** schedule beginning to wear on Frid's performance  .. .you certainly could note it during the "she cares for me" scene. .
Julia99

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 07:11:47 PM »
Dear Josette,

I think that this particular verbal faux pas is one of Dark Shadows' greatest bloopers.  However, I think that it would have been as funny as all heck if Barnabas had said," Julia, remember someone." And the wonderful Dr. Eric Lang had countered with, " Julia, remember someone ...remember... Dick Nixon!!!"

Bob the Bartender, who fondly remembers the 1968 presidential race between Hubert Horatio Humphrey, the "Happy Warrior," and Dick Nixon, the pride of Whitier. CA!!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 07:06:52 AM »
For some reason I find this blooper beyond obnoxious.  I agree that Addision Powell could have be a bit more subtle. [ghost_mad]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »
In one of the interviews on DS DVD releases Roger Davis bemoans the fact that Addison had to have his Dr. Lang lines taped on his (Davis's) shoulder, so for him to chime in Barnabas's missing moment makes the gaff even more hilarious.

If you watched the movie "Three Days of the Condor"...Addison Powell gets his just due for being such a goof.
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »
I guess people here are saying, Powell should have left the prompting to people offscreen?   "Remember... someone" was already enough of a mistake that at that point, it might not matter who corrects it or how.   Not that I'm syarting a fan club for AP or anything, nor am I criticizing JF.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 11:47:58 AM »
well at least we didn't hear costello or other stage hands yelling the lines out as in the famous "GO TO THE HOUSE OF THE CURSE" prompting. maybe i was a bit to harsh on Mr. Powell. [ghost_wacko]
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 05:11:03 PM »
There's no such thing as being too harsh on Addison Powell.