Author Topic: Just when you though Friday The 13th would pass by...  (Read 5382 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Just when you though Friday The 13th would pass by...
« on: June 14, 2003, 01:06:31 AM »
without incident, comes this exciting news for you all: I'VE DISCOVERED AND WE'VE DECIDED TO INSTALL A NEW MOD THAT RAISES THE CURE/CURSE LIMIT FROM +127/-128!! It was set at that range because of the way it was defined in the database - BUT the mod has changed the definition so that now it can have values of +32,767/-32,768. ISN'T THAT FANTASTIC?!! And I've saved this special news just for today, which is not only Friday the 13th here on the forum, but it's also Freaky Friday! And how better to celebrate a Freaky Friday than with fantastic news of this magnitude, right? Of course, I'm right!!

What's also exciting is that even though Cures higher than +127 haven't been displaying on the forum, Cure/Curse clicks on the cousins who'd reach the previous limit had been being stored in the database in the event that an Adminstrator might install the very mod that I've just installed! Amazing, huh?!! And now those stored values have been added in!

And that's not all (as if any of thought is was? [wink2]) - there's a whole new section in the forum's Statistics Center devoted to Karma (Top 10 Cures, Top 10 Curses, Top 10 Positive Total, Top 10 Negative Total). Whoa! Could it get any better? I don't think so!! [lghy]

So, get your mouse and clicking finger ready and start enjoying all of this RIGHT NOW!!

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
Re:Just when you though Friday The 13th would pass by...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 01:55:17 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy...

Now if I could only cure or curse.   :-*
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 02:17:31 AM »
Oh Joy.  Yippee.  Wow.

Just kill me now.

But before you do THAT, Pepe.....shouldn't someone move this post to where it belongs?

[smrtasb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 02:40:40 AM »
But before you do THAT, Pepe.....shouldn't someone move this post to where it belongs?

[smrtasb]

Perhaps in an ideal world it would have stayed on the Testing board where I'd originally posted it. But I decided to move it to Current Talk so more people might read it. We do that sometimes with "special" announcements because this isn't an ideal world, and everyone doesn't read the Testing board as often as they should. ;)

Rest assured that once a suitable amount of time has passed for a good majority of people to have the opportunity to read this, the topic will be moved back to Testing...

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 03:05:44 AM »
This is suppose to be good news[puke]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 03:10:28 AM »
This is suppose to be good news[puke]

But, of course! [b003]

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 03:14:53 AM »
Well dear i'm going back to the Red Sox game for further
torture [couto]

see ya

jennifer
Why am i humming the song to The Grinch?i'm not going to last the summer!i can see Seb Shaw driving me off now to join Maggie![crazy]
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 07:58:08 AM »
So, get your mouse and clicking finger ready and start enjoying all of this RIGHT NOW!!

Oh no!  I was just getting use to this whole karma thing and now there's more?  MB, don't you ever rest?  When do you find the time to sleep? ;)

Deb

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 05:14:52 AM »

So I'm looking for a way to view these new stats and lo and behold I see nestled in the table of contents...More Stats!  And lo and behold ...I'm amongst the top posters for today!  With one post!  Now, considering the prolific posters on the forum...that's a hoot!  Also quite incredible, since I don't post very often!  Gives me something to shoot for!  ::)

Thanks MB for the announcement of the new stats!  Without it I would've kept on overlooking that hidden little feature!

Always, Minja [coolbrows]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2003, 06:44:36 AM »
So I'm looking for a way to view these new stats and lo and behold I see nestled in the table of contents...More Stats!  And lo and behold ...I'm amongst the top posters for today!  With one post!  Now, considering the prolific posters on the forum...that's a hoot!  Also quite incredible, since I don't post very often!  Gives me something to shoot for!  ::)

LOL.  For the forum clock, "today" begins at 12am GMT, so to get a head start as lead poster for the day you'd begin your posting at just after 8pm ET, 7pm CT, 6pm MT or 5pm PT (Pacific, not Parallel).

:D

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2003, 09:28:18 PM »
And that's not all (as if any of thought is was? [wink2]) - there's a whole new section in the forum's Statistics Center devoted to Karma (Top 10 Cures, Top 10 Curses, Top 10 Positive Total, Top 10 Negative Total). Whoa! Could it get any better? I don't think so!! [lghy]

I don't think so either!!  Wow!  Now we've got a whole area of the board dedicated to the popular and unpopular for everyone to see!!  All we need now is a statistical analysis of the cure to curse ratio.

Is this really necessary?  I can see how the whole non limit to cures and curses would be funny, but why make lists out of them?  Anyone can just look at someone's cure/curse count and know where they probably stand.

- LAFB
  (A webcam is not necessary, just slip a note under the door)  [lghy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2003, 10:17:58 PM »
All we need now is a statistical analysis of the cure to curse ratio.

Hmmm - now there's an idea. And perhaps I could even write it myself rather than wait for one of the YaBB SE mod writers to develop it...

Is this really necessary?  I can see how the whole non limit to cures and curses would be funny, but why make lists out of them?  Anyone can just look at someone's cure/curse count and know where they probably stand.

As I understand it, the whole point of the listings in the Statistics Center is to have fun with the whole Karma feature. It has never been meant to be taken seriously. The thing is, on every YaBB SE forum that I've visited since we've made the switch (and there have been many because I like to check out sites that have already installed the mods I'm considering for us), the Karma feature is entirely treated as a hoot and all in fun. People even revel in their "bad" Karma - particularly on the forums that have the new mod I installed for the Statistics Center. Some even get upset when their "good" Karma goes too high. The entire point is to embrace your bad self and run with it for all it's worth (within the guidelines, of course [b003]).

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2003, 10:25:38 PM »
The entire point is to embrace your bad self

I think I remember the nuns telling us not to do this, which, of course, is all the more reason to do it with a vengeance.
[firedevil]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2003, 11:50:01 PM »
Perhaps it's true that the cure/curse isn't meant to be taken seriously; however, I have seen posts and even a thread where people expressed concern ... it does seem to bother some people.  I remember one thread got so hot it was totally removed.  I can't cure or curse anyone yet -- don't know when or if that will ever happen -- but I doubt I will.  I don't want to bother with a feature that does cause some upset to posters, even if it's just one.

;) I'm not arrogant, I'm just better than that.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2003, 12:11:02 AM »
Perhaps it's true that the cure/curse isn't meant to be taken seriously; however, I have seen posts and even a thread where people expressed concern ... it does seem to bother some people.  I remember one thread got so hot it was totally removed.  I can't cure or curse anyone yet -- don't know when or if that will ever happen -- but I doubt I will.  I don't want to bother with a feature that does cause some upset to posters, even if it's just one.

;) I'm not arrogant, I'm just better than that.

why can't you use  the feature?
now i'm not sure i believe them(yes MB strike me dead)
but you have 67 posts and 112 curses!(seems weird)

jennifer
a
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV