Author Topic: Cousins Online Today....New Feature!!!  (Read 956 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Cousins Online Today....New Feature!!!
« on: December 08, 2004, 02:06:24 PM »
Another new feature...Cousins online today.

Are the various colors due to status? (eg, dom  [santa_kiss]  [santa_kiss] is a blue & he's a mod). I couldn't off the top of my head figure out the various shades of pink/burgundy.

Thanks!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Cousins Online Today....New Feature!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 02:32:09 PM »
I believe the color of our names in the "Cousins Online Today" matches the color of the stars that appear under our names in our posts.

Personally I'd have preferred cyan for my color......but I don't remember there being a poll on the subject..... [vryevl]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 03:13:06 PM »
The colors in Cousins Online Today are by no means permanent. The current ones are from back when the color palette for the forum's template consisted of reds and grays - way back when we were using YaBB SP and at the start of the switch to YaBB SE. Yes, way back in 2002 and the spring of 2003 - which may not seem that long ago to some - but in computer years (which are somewhat akin to dog/cat years on speed [wink2]), that was several lifetimes ago!!  [lghy]  (After all, the forum's system alone has gone through YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.0 YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.1, YaBB 1 Gold SP 1.2, YaBB SE 1.2, YaBB SE 1.3, YaBB SE 1.4.0, YaBB SE 1.4.1, YaBB SE 1.5.0, YaBB SE 1.5.1, YaBB SE 1.5.2, YaBB SE 1.5.3, YaBB SE 1.5.4, YaBB SE 1.5.5, SMF 1.0 Beta 1a, SMF 1.0 Beta 2.5, SMF 1.0 Beta -3.1415, SMF 1.0 Beta 4, SMF 1.0 Beta 5, SMF 1.0 Beta 6, SMF 1.0 RC2 (I never even had the chance to install RC1), and SMF 1.0 Preview.  And soon after its release, we'll be switching to SMF 1.0 Official.)

To find the significance of each color, simply click on the cousin's name and check out the membergroup that reflects their current posting status (Newbie, Junior, Full, Senior, God (well, no regular cousins have reached that plateau yet - though two are getting close)).

New colors for the stars and cousins' names (yes, Rainey - how very observant of you [thumb] - the colors and stars are coordinated) will appear as soon as I get the chance to select/make them. But sad to say, cyan won't be among the colors used because cyan isn't one of the 32 colors in the current palette.  :(  However, I'll do my best to try to pick colors, either from the palette or in direct contrast to the colors in the palette (meaning I'd either switch the red and blue values (likely) or green and blue values (probably not as likely)), that will hopefully be equally as pleasing.  [b003]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 03:33:35 PM »
New colors for the stars and cousins' names (yes, Rainey - how very observant of you [thumb] - the colors and stars are coordinated) will appear as soon as I get the chance to select/make them.

I'd be happy to help with that..... [Witch_Potion_Animated]

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas