Author Topic: Ep #523  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Ep #523
« on: January 12, 2004, 07:08:38 PM »
See Robservations 6/17/02 - #523/524 - Jeff, Peter, Peter, Jeff or MPI Vol. 59, ep #1 or DVD set #8, disc #4

What's the logic behind having Nicholas cringe before the cross? [hdscrt]  But I think it's highly amusing that the devil's emissary would claim to be a lawyer.  It made sense in terms of ingratiating himself with Tony Trask, but funny as hell nonetheless.

Great line by Nicholas:  "You were a blind, overzealous fanatic-- a bigot and a fraud; intolerant, cruel and unjust... a man afer my own heart."

Does anyone remember who else lived in apt. #24?  There may be more than one answer, btw.  (This was once a Kosmo kwestion on the SciFi boards, but I'm not sure that I can even remember all the answers.)

I've said it before, but I think Jerry Lacy is kinda hot.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Ep #523
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 07:26:05 PM »

Great line by Nicholas...

Actually, considering the fact that he wasn't on screen nearly as often as SOME of the characters, Nicholas got more than his share of really great lines.  Evil characters are just more fun...and much more interesting to write for.....[vryevl]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 03:15:25 AM »
Does anyone remember who else lived in apt. #24?  There may be more than one answer, btw.

Was it Buffie Harrington?  I think Burke Devlin might also have lived behind door #24, but that would have been a room at the Collinsport Inn, not an apartment.

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 05:59:47 AM »
You refreshed my memory, ProfStokes!-- two characters stayed in Room #24 in the Collinsport Inn, Burke being first.

But I'm positive that another character's apartment was #24.  Anyone?

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 11:05:44 AM »
Does anyone remember who else lived in apt. #24?  There may be more than one answer, btw.  (This was once a Kosmo kwestion on the SciFi boards, but I'm not sure that I can even remember all the answers.)

Could it have been Joe Haskell?  I do remember seeing his apt while Angelique was paying him visits to give him the bite.  I don't remember what # was on the door though?

Cassandra

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 04:53:18 PM »
Could it have been Joe Haskell?  I do remember seeing his apt while Angelique was paying him visits to give him the bite.

[hello]

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 04:57:07 PM »
I've said it before, but I think Jerry Lacy is kinda hot.

I agree with you on this Midnite, and I'm constantly ruined by this when JL is playing one of the Trask boys, 'cos they're such a**holes!

Tony Peterson's dreamy, though!  :-*
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
Re: Ep #523
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 07:51:10 PM »
Forgive me for bumping an old topic, but  . . .

I’m having trouble finding “ Robservations 6/17/02 - #523/524 - Jeff, Peter, Peter, Jeff ”

In my Robservations reading I’ve developed strategies for finding out of order posts, but so far this post has escaped me. 

I’ve checked multiple pages manually, used the phone text search in page feature, and the forum search. 
Only this post showed up.  Ordinarily posts like this link back, but looks like I was only blessed with the full title.
Even searching Jeff, Peter, Peter, Jeff didn’t show up anything other than this.

Any advice, help, suggestions are appreciated.
Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 08:18:23 PM »
 [pointing-up]

First, there's no problem bringing up old topics - though given that this topic is 18 years old, and given the ways in which some people read new posts, not everyone may see a new post to a topic that old. Someone wanting to comment on a similar issue as this topic is might be better off starting a new topic on the latest Current Talk board.

Second, this topic doesn't link back to the Robservations for Eps #523 and #524 because only the Watching Project topics for eps do that.

Third, something to keep in mind for the future is that asking questions about how to find certain things might get the Mods attention the most quickly if you post them on the Testing 1, 2, 3... board. Though that being said, I saw your post soon after you posted it.  [snow_wink]

But be all that as it may, probably the easiest way to access the Robservations for Ep #523 is to 1) open the Robservations board and 2) once that comes up enter 523 into the search box underneath the forum logo graphic at the top of the board and then 3) click on the search button to the right of the box. In this case a link to the topic comes right up.  [snow_smiley]

Or you could just click on the following link:

Robservations 6/17/02 - #523/524 - Jeff, Peter, Peter, Jeff

I came up with that link by doing exactly what I just explained...

Offline McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 12:35:52 AM »
Thank you very much for your help and the advice.  :)

I didn’t know the search box was tied to the section you’re in. 
I’m used to having to specify in a drop box to narrow the search. 

I wish I’d asked before.  Next time I’m stuck with something I’ll hit the test section.

:)
^_^
 [snow_smiley]
Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2022, 01:13:17 AM »

Great line by Nicholas...

Actually, considering the fact that he wasn't on screen nearly as often as SOME of the characters, Nicholas got more than his share of really great lines.  Evil characters are just more fun...and much more interesting to write for.....[vryevl]

Great comment, by arguably, the Dark Shadows Forums’ greatest poster. I remember hearing the always droll and witty Dick Cavett, relate a boyhood experience from his days in Nebraska on “The Mark Simone Show” on WOR-710 AM in NYC.

The great Basil Rathbone was appearing in a play in Lincoln, Nebraska during the 1950s. And, being such a huge fan of Mr. Rathbone, young Dick Cavett went to the play and waited outside the stage door to meet Mr. Rathbone and perhaps even get his autograph.

When Mr. Rathbone emerged from the theater, Dick Cavett approached and told him how much he enjoyed his portrayal of the sage and heroic Sherlock Holmes. To which the kind and courtly Mr. Rathbone replied as he signed an autograph for the young boy, “Oh, it’s much more fun to play the bastards.”

I’ll bet that Raineypark would have greatly enjoyed and highly approved of that great actor’s trenchant words.