Author Topic: Noah  (Read 1916 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Noah
« on: April 16, 2002, 09:49:30 PM »
i think henry mentioned the other day that Noah looked like he just got off work from disneyland and I couldn't stop laughing because he does!
also why was he licking his lips so much today!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Noah
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2002, 09:54:34 PM »
Jennifer, he was licking his lips because he kept noticing how TIGHT Big Nathan's trousers were!  hee hee!

Wasn't there a character on Hogan's heroes who wore one of those little caps like Noah had?  He looked really cute in that little hat.

Now I'm thinking of him as "Keebler Cookie Elf Noah"!

Steve the terminally silly

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2002, 10:55:49 PM »
Gotta admit, that hat really does make him look comical--but he's anything but as a character!  He's a bad 'un!

Love, Robin

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2002, 02:31:42 AM »
Jennifer, he was licking his lips because he kept noticing how TIGHT Big Nathan's trousers were!  hee hee!

Wasn't there a character on Hogan's heroes who wore one of those little caps like Noah had?  He looked really cute in that little hat.

Now I'm thinking of him as "Keebler Cookie Elf Noah"!

Steve the terminally silly

oh no - now I'm going to be picturing that Keebler elf every time I see Noah! :D

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2002, 06:28:21 AM »
People on this board have quite an imagination. Since I am coming from a totally different viewpoint here, I will mention that Craig Slocum had diabetes and also died from it. Sometimes diabetics get frequent thirst. That may explain the "licking his lips so much today" thing. I was in seventh heaven today watching Craig as Noah Gifford, he is one hunk of a pirate. BABE ALERT!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2002, 08:21:03 AM »
I will mention that Craig Slocum had diabetes and also died from it. Sometimes diabetics get frequent thirst. That may explain the "licking his lips so much today."[/quote.]

Cheryl, I hadn't even realized that. Do you know what age Craig was when he was diagnosed? I know he was a young man when he passed away, age 38 I think. A friend of mine had diabetes and I remember how she use to drink water all the time. It was sad that he had to pass away so young.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2002, 04:13:16 PM »
People on this board have quite an imagination. Since I am coming from a totally different viewpoint here, I will mention that Craig Slocum had diabetes and also died from it. Sometimes diabetics get frequent thirst. That may explain the "licking his lips so much today" thing. I was in seventh heaven today watching Craig as Noah Gifford, he is one hunk of a pirate. BABE ALERT!

sorry Cheryl was making fun more of his outfit
i would think with good control that the symptoms
would be less but he had the worst kind of diabetes
and that is always hard to control! I thought it might be that he seemed nervous He was much better as Harry. Robin would also know about the disease I've taking care of way too many patients with it but since I don't have it it really is only second hand knowledge!
I pray we find a cure soon as I have a good friend who has a 15 year daughter and it is very hard!It is sad that Craig died so young!

Jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2002, 05:26:17 PM »
Wow, I'd forgotten that Craig had diabetes.  I believe I had read it somewhere, can't recall where.  I lost an online friend to that illness last year. Please forgive me if I hit a nerve with my crass comments.  I'm just cheap white trash from Chesapeake Bay country.

At least Cheryl you have the consolation that Craig isn't forgotten since his performances are currently on the air.   He'll have some new fans at this year's DS Festival!

Best wishes,

Steve

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2002, 10:21:17 PM »
thanks to mysterious and midnite for helping me finally get a password...i, like others watched ds as a kid, used to watch to see the goofs they made, then got addicted to the wacky stories..but, i missed a lot of the shows, with school hours and family vacations and such, but my bro bought tapes 1-150 something, so can watch up to the time of pt. ok , as for the post by gothick regarding craig sloum "I am defending the right of this man to be judged straight, until he is proven straight."
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2002, 11:39:21 PM »
Rick:  Just to be clear, my clumsy attempt at humor was directed not towards Mr. Slocum or his private life (what an old-fashioned expression that is in this day and age!), but to the character of Noah Gifford.  The board regulations don't permit discussions of the actors' personal lives, apart from published statements they have made in official sources.

Best wishes,

Steve

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2002, 12:12:31 AM »
Rick, welcome!  Your point that it's not fair to speculate about an actor's private life is valid, which is why such comments aren't allowed here.  This comment you're referring to, however, was about a character.

Based on this guideline taken from the board rules, part of your comment was edited:
"Debate should be kept on a non-personal basis. Flaming and name-calling will not be allowed. It is never appropriate to attack, criticize, or condemn another poster. Retaliation, sharp reproof and cynicism are to be avoided. Disagreement is a natural occurrence, but as stated above, should be done in a respectful manner."

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2002, 12:14:15 AM »
ok no prob.hey, maybe you can answer a question...why am i listed as guest when i logged in already...and, when i click members, it tells me i have to register, thought i had registered when i logged in.. i know i am a newbie at this site, and not the most knowledgeable at puter stuff, but this does get aggravating sometimes, if anyone can help. would be most appreciated...also, when i go to other pages, i notice that the header says "welcome guest" grrrrrrrrr.(and if i am breaking the rules by posting this help q, sorry, i will learn)
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2002, 12:29:10 AM »
hi midnite, thanks for the help...yikes, thats bad, my first post, and already being rude....sorry.....that was my attempt at humor, quoting B to T.... i hope, that once i figure this thing out, can be a positive contributor...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2002, 12:31:01 AM »
Rick, just to verify you did all the steps when you got here-- Click Login at the top, enter your registered name and password, then click Login within that space and you should have access to your username, messages, and profile.  But if you click where it says "Logout", even if its accidental, you'll have to repeat the process.

The first time you log in you must use the password sent to you.  Then you can go into your profile to change it, and be sure to save the changes.

And we're always available to answer your questions!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2002, 01:05:14 AM »
Didjya ever notice that there was always one character like Noah who attended the same college you did?  Same look, same voice, same mannerisms and even - help us all - same hat.

Gerard