Author Topic: The Stink of Lilacs  (Read 3983 times)

Connie

Re: The Stink of Lilacs
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2002, 12:54:24 PM »
I believe I made this very same suggestion the LAST time Connie had us all spitting coffee all over our keyboards....

DISCLAIMER:
Not responsible for coffee, soda, or any other beverage spit all over keyboards.  (Jeez...what a bunch of slobs on this forum).

However erratic the posts, I still think they should all be grouped together somewhere, so we know where to find them.....unless, of course, that presents a bandwidth problem!!! [mady]

Quentin says:

"Bandwidth?  Yeah...I got your BANDWIDTH right HERE!"

No, seriously Raineypark...if you or anyone else wants any of these storyboards or any other nonsense I post, I suggest you grab it.  After the message thread has pretty much disappeared for awhile, I remove the image from my webspace and the picture is no longer on the Forum.  

The pictures take up too much space and I'm going to need it for a little Quentin website I want to build at some point.  (If I can ever figure out how to build the pages myself without using AOL's online editor and being stuck with the annoying AOL Hometown banners above each page).  [smash]

-CLC  ;)

P.S.  Just in case you don't look at the thread, I posted a little NODS behind the scenes photo under the TCM Movies topic.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2002, 03:58:17 PM »
Well, THANK YOU very much, Connie....this morning it was decaf tea!!!

"Grab it".....you mean like Quentin here?  

I'm afraid I  can't save things like your "lost episodes".  Haven't a clue....haven't the technical expertise.  

I'll just have to enjoy them in the moment....and then wait for the next one!  [lghy]
Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Connie

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2002, 04:24:28 PM »
Well, THANK YOU very much, Connie....this morning it was decaf tea!!!

Yer welcome.  LOL

"Grab it".....you mean like Quentin here?

Yes - that's right.  ;D

I'm afraid I  can't save things like your "lost episodes".  Haven't a clue....haven't the technical expertise.

Just put your cursor over the picture, hit your right-click button, and you'll get a list.  Click "save picture as..."
You'll get a 'save as' box.  Type in a name for the picture and save it wherever you want on your drive.

Got it???  ?!?

-CLC

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2002, 04:43:04 PM »
Thanks for the lesson! I now have a copy  of  Q saved  in "my pictures". Your instructions were very clear. You should give lessons. 8)
MM

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2002, 06:17:37 PM »
wow Connie  Quentin looks like my husband the other day when he passed hi skidney stone!!

jennifer
get him to the ER STAT!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2002, 02:04:17 AM »
if you or anyone else wants any of these storyboards or any other nonsense I post, I suggest you grab it.  After the message thread has pretty much disappeared for awhile, I remove the image from my webspace and the picture is no longer on the Forum.  

The pictures take up too much space and I'm going to need it for a little Quentin website I want to build at some point.

Well, you know, Connie - if it's not a case that you'd like to keep these hilarious creations of yours as a limited time thing (which I'd more than understand), it would be no trouble whatsoever for me to set you up with your own Web space on the forum's server, and you could upload all these files there. Bandwidth wouldn't really be an issue because you get inspired at irregular intervals. And not that I'm trying to sway your decision or anything ([wink2]), but I personally think future visitors/"cousins" who'll come to the forum would get as much of a kick out your humor as those of us do now...

Please do think about it (and uploading images here wouldn't be all that different from uploading them to your AOL space because you could use the same AOL software to do it)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2002, 06:03:12 PM »
Connie,

I wish you'd do a capture some time of the moment when Quentin is leaning back against a wall (I think it is the episode when Trask has locked him in the basement cell in the OH) and he puts his hands in his pockets with his legs clasped together and moves his hands upwards.

The sight you get at that moment of Quentin's manhood really is wonderfully inspiring, and something I often contemplate when I'm in need of a little boost.  Far too little beauty in this world as it is ...

good luck with your site, should you choose to pursue it.

Gothick

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2002, 03:02:29 AM »
Oh my gosh Connie!
The picture of Quentin was just too funny!

Connie

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2002, 01:03:09 PM »
Well, you know, Connie - if it's not a case that you'd like to keep these hilarious creations of yours as a limited time thing (which I'd more than understand), it would be no trouble whatsoever for me to set you up with your own Web space on the forum's server.

MB --

No, I have no desire to keep anything I post as a limited time thing.  ("And if you ACT NOW, you get one of those hairbrushes that keep rolling around and around!")  LOL
I just feel a little uncomfortable uploading anything to "my own webspace" on here.  I have no judgement as to what people would like or find funny, and what they wouldn't.  Example:  I've posted stuff in the past that I thought was funny at the time, but got little or no reaction.  Then I post this "Lilacs" thing (which I was never particularly enthralled with), and a lot of people think it's hysterical.  [hdscrt]  Plus, I might post a picture with a caption or something, that might be rather amusing in a particular message thread, but would mean nothing if it were posted on its own somewhere -- you know?

Anyway, I don't want to be a pain, but would it be possible for either you and/or Midnite to decide what should get uploaded to a separate section or archive?
You know what I mean?  Like, if I were to post something and you think it should be kept, you could just grab it and put it in that section?  I'd feel alot more comfortable not having to make that decision -- whether something is funny or not, or maybe even inappropriate.

And not that I'm trying to sway your decision or anything ([wink2]), but I personally think future visitors/"cousins" who'll come to the forum would get as much of a kick out your humor as those of us do now...

That's really nice and it makes me happy.  I like making people laugh.  But...so, could you and Midnite just take whatever you want and put it in a section??

love
CLC  ::)  

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2002, 04:51:23 PM »
I think it's an excellant idea for there to be a section
for Connie's message boards[thumb]