Author Topic: Willie & Maggie  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Willie & Maggie
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 03:26:15 PM »
I love how protective of Maggie Willie is, even though he sure wasn't thinking when he [spoiler]takes her to the secret room in the mausoleum and causes her memories to return of Barnabas kidnapping her.[/spoiler]

You got that right.[spoiler]But he was just so anxious to protect her that he wasn't thinking clearly. And he didn't have time really to plot this out. He just knew he had to get her away from there right now and he had nowhere else to take her. He tried to get her to leave town, even gave her $50 to get on a train and leave but she wouldn't. I wish he'd taken her anywhere else. He thought it wouldn't be more than a day or so at the most, remember the body would decompose if they didn't do the experiment right away. He thought they'd just find someone else and Maggie would be safe, then he'd release her. Only by then her memory started to return and he had to keep her there because she was fixing to go to the cops. He even came back to the Old House and told Barnabas all this, and Barnabas said to keep her there![/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 05:21:55 PM »
I think the scene in the servants' quarters where [spoiler]Angelique says she's willing to be his mistress, the servant to his master, and Barnabas refuses because of Josette[/spoiler] deals directly with whether or not anything happened between them in Collinsport.

Though there's also the scene later on in which [spoiler]Barn does indeed give in to at least passionate kissing.[/spoiler]At least that's all that we saw - and we can presume that's all that there was - but still, even at that, and even factoring in Barn's confusion at the time, it was leading Ang on.  ;)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 11:48:36 PM »
[spoiler]They kissed, but then he pushed her away, and if I'm not mistaken, left the room[/spoiler].....what was shown on screen isn't enough of an implication to say they did any more. IMHO.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »
[spoiler]They kissed, but then he pushed her away, and if I'm not mistaken, left the room[/spoiler].....what was shown on screen isn't enough of an implication to say they did any more. IMHO.

I tend to agree BB, if we didn't see it onscreen, it didn't happen.   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2007, 06:36:39 PM »
Though there's also the scene later on in which [spoiler]Barn does indeed give in to at least passionate kissing.[/spoiler]At least that's all that we saw - and we can presume that's all that there was - but still, even at that, and even factoring in Barn's confusion at the time, it was leading Ang on.  ;)

Barnabas'Bride, I don't understand your rebuttal, because it seems MB said the same thing in his response to you (quoted above).  And yes, I can see where a man's passionate kiss like the one we saw him share with Angelique might encourage a hopeful woman, especially when it's followed by this exchange:

ANGELIQUE:  You didn't lose control of yourself.  You let me do what you wanted me to do.
BARNABAS:  Very well then, perhaps you're right.  So in the future it will be best if we don't see each other alone.  Anywhere.

There's nothing implied here-- he admits to finding it difficult to resist her.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2007, 06:41:27 PM »
Angelique had an effect on EVERY man she set her eyes on.  It was like magic.  Once she kissed them, they always wanted more.  A magic kiss? :D
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »
I meant that it didn't imply that they did anything beyond that (the kiss), off screen. There's nothing in that segment of the show that I can recall to suggest their fling continued at the Old House while waiting for Josette to arrive or after Josette was there.
Admitting he finds it difficult to resist her and being unable to actually resist her are different things.  As far as it is implied - beyond that kiss - Barnabas DID resist her. He could've taken her right there after the kiss. He could've had her as his mistress. He could've fooled around with her even once Josette arrived. But he didn't, and I don't recall there being any scenes making that implication. That's what I meant.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 07:21:24 PM »
I meant that it didn't imply that they did anything beyond that (the kiss), off screen. There's nothing in that segment of the show that I can recall to suggest their fling continued at the Old House while waiting for Josette to arrive or after Josette was there.

Me neither.  But isn't that the same thing he said when he wrote, "At least that's all we saw - and we can presume that's all there was..."?

Admitting he finds it difficult to resist her and being unable to actually resist her are different things.  As far as it is implied - beyond that kiss - Barnabas DID resist her. He could've given into her right there in the servants' quarters. He could've had her as a mistress. He could've fooled around with her even once Josette arrived. But he didn't, and I don't recall there being any scenes making that implication. Only that he loved Josette and wanted to be true to her.

Oh I agree.  I was also agreeing with MB that Barnabas made some mistakes in those early meetings in the Old House.  When a woman flees from you, hissing, "You will see!" you have not diffused the situation.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 08:18:10 AM »
Angelique had an effect on EVERY man she set her eyes on.  It was like magic.  Once she kissed them, they always wanted more.  A magic kiss? :D

Does that also include the Vampire Kiss [huhg]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate