Author Topic: Montage Episode 501  (Read 690 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Montage Episode 501
« on: May 28, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »
I don't understand that first caption, " After Julia is able to get through to Adam by reminding him he loves Barnabas . . ."

I don't recall any time that Adam loved Barnabas.  He was afraid or hated him from the start, and as he learned more and became aware of things, he really hated him.
Josette

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Montage Episode 501
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »
Adam did love Barnabas at first, which - if I remember correctly - was what made it so traumatic for Adam when Barnabas disciplined him so harshly.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 04:09:39 PM »
Adam sort of kept his thoughts to himself in those early days...well, aside from the wildly gesticulating arms.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:41:21 PM »
That caption, like most, sprung directly from out of the dialogue in the scene:

JULIA:
Adam, you love him. You love him. Don't you realize that, Adam? Yes. He created you. Without him, you'd, you'd be dead. You do feel that, don't you, Adam?

Also, the opening voiceover tells us: "... And now in this old house, he is determined to end the life of the one person he has loved in his short life."

Adam did love Barnabas at first, which - if I remember correctly - was what made it so traumatic for Adam when Barnabas disciplined him so harshly.

Exactly! Which is one of the reasons I've always wondered how some fans can say they don't have sympathy for Adam even at the beginning of his storyline. But then, if, as some claim, they fast forward through his scenes even at that early stage, one supposes it could be very easy to miss such plot points.  :-

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:52:07 AM »
Very interesting; I don't remember that!
Josette