Author Topic: 2011 Fest Location  (Read 722 times)

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
2011 Fest Location
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:47:00 AM »
From comments From comments made KLS and Roger Davis during the fest July in Burbank I am guessing the 2011 fest will be back here in the New York tri-state area any buzz going around about the exact location. I agree that the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott has the most going for it. The Free Parking in Tarrytown is nice but the Newark hotel was just too isolated. Maybe something now Like Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun in Connecticut or about 100 Miles to the south in Atlantic City. One  has not been in Manhattan since I have been going that might be nice too.
Dan

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Fest Location
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:29:25 AM »
Hi DLA75  sounds  great to me.   Hoping someday i  can get to one of the  Fests.
                Love   Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »
Even though KLS and RD were saying at this past Fest that the next Fest will be in NY, apparently they weren't speaking officially:

*** SG NOTE: As of this time, we have not yet set specific plans for the next Fest. I will premiere-announce details as we confirm them in these SG Updates to the SG Yahoogroup.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
Thanks for the update...always appreciated!  I prefer NYC due to less travel distance - but I really enjoyed the one in Tarrytown too.  Just hope to make it this time. 
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad