Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0783  (Read 1729 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0783
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0783
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 03:28:24 AM »
VO: GH 

I love the way Grayson reads the narration in her low register!  Nancy looks really pretty in this episode!  I love B's hypnotic powers!  Very helpful!  Great chromakey shot of B fading out.  He actually looks like he is solid and really standing there!  And the shot was executed very well!  Kudos to the FX guys! 

Did Nora call Evan Uncle?”  That must be that same thing my Grandmother had told me about.  Her and her brothers and sisters would refer to close friends of the family as “Uncle” and “Aunt!”  It was out of respect.  She was telling me a story and said “Uncle so and so” and I was like, which Uncle was that and then she told me about that tradition.  It must not be just a southern thing if Nora did indeed call him Uncle Evan.  Sorry for the rant!

Are they in Worthington Hall? 

WOW! Nancy's eyes are so very blue.  I don't know if I had noticed how deeply blue there are before.  I would scream bloody murder too if I saw a hand like coming toward me. 

“Is it a sin to be sick!” LOL  Poor Nora, it makes one wonder how many things are a “sin” in the Trask families eyes! 

And the big ole cross appears again!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 03:31:50 AM »
 Barn and Charity, with heavy implications – then Nora stumbled on them in mid bite.  Doesn’t ANYONE , ANYWHERE in Collinsport lock doors?  Or KNOCK before they come in?  Didn't catch the Uncle reference, Taeylor, but it wouldn't surprise me.  My folks aren't from the south (sorry -- but on the bright side, neither were we here yet for the Civil War <G>), but I was raised with that Uncle and Aunt thing for older friends of the family and cousins.  Either its a generational thing from a grandmother born in 1900, or the more formal behavior of people raised in a British colony.

Defintely playing up the sexual aspects of the vampire, straight out of the Dracula novel. This robe looks downright vampire like, and the other was  very modest with hair back.  Hair down tends to bug me in late Victorian – grown women didn’t wear it that way, except around their husbands.  Of course, it works for this scene because they’ve already played up the sexual  aspects of Barnabas and Charity’s relationship.

Bout time  Barn stopped, thought and DIDN’T KILL ANOTHER COLLINS WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT AFFECT THEY WILL HAVE ON FUTURE EVENTS.

Eww, it’s the hand again. And Charity, just about dying from blood loss.  Barnabas is a greedy little bug, isn’t he? Where’s the cattle when you need them?   Seems their blood supply seems about right for the blood volume he seems to need.
Hmm, in the conversation about the hand, Barn was telling Magda about the werewolf in the future locked in the secret room in the mausoleum.  Makes you wonder WHY, once Q finds out about it and starts working with Barn, that NO ONE thinks of stashing him here before he has more victims.

Oooh  The hand just disappeared.  AND materialized on Charity’s bed – right near the black edged afghan.  Nice conversion. Back to the stuffy prudish Charity asking Hanley what he’s doing in her room.

TOTALLY back to the prudish Charity it seems.  Nice job by NB – you could tell immediately from the voice that Charity was different from the sensual vampire victim.

Someone needs to teach Barnabas to tell time.  He no sooner seems to arrive at the school that the cock crows.  He gets to his hideaway and thinks he’s safe.  Nice touch that when you see it, you wonder why you didn’t catch it.  Evan Hanley makes the catch this time, cross in hand.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]

1. Barnabas hypnotized Nora to make her forget that he was there.
2. Magda brought the Hand to Barnabas in the cave.
3. Nora called Evan "Uncle Evan".
4. The first time the Hand disappeared and appeared someplace else -  to cure Charity - and the first time we saw the Hand perform its magic.
5. Evan met Barnabas at his coffin with a cross!

Once again, only two replies before this one. I bet when Quentin is on the show again, the number of replies will greatly increase! [ghost_wink]

I have one question: How did Evan know where Barnabas's coffin was? I don't think he followed the hand, because it disappeared again after curing Charity and then reappeared again in the cave. This really baffles me!  [hdscrt]

There was a sound problem in this episode. I heard Magda and Charity scream before the scenes played out. [signerror]

I loved it when Barnabas called Charity and said: "Commme to me." Ooh! Really sexy! [luv]

The scene when the Hand was huge and covered Charity's face was both funny and scary! That hand was so fake!  [lghy] I'm sure when I watched this originally, that scene scared me a lot, though! [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 08:49:41 AM »
Barnabas to Magda:  "I'm afraid of [the hand], afraid it will change Quentin in some way that will affect Chris Jennings in the present."
Wouldn't the effect on Chris Jennings occur in the future?  I'm so confused!

Are they in Worthington Hall?

Yes.  Charity's room is really in the house by the sea on the Collinwood estate, but Gregory sometimes refers to it as Worthington Hall even though the original burned down.

How did Evan know where Barnabas's coffin was? I don't think he followed the hand, because it disappeared again after curing Charity and then reappeared again in the cave. This really baffles me!  [hdscrt]

Barnabas summoned Charity to come to the cave under Widow's Hill.  But after the hand went on a field trip to cure her and she was once again the pious Charity, Evan advised her that she was in danger of being victimized again by Barnabas and asked her to tell him what else she remembered besides the marks on her neck.  Apparently she then told him what she knew of Barnabas' hiding place.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 06:33:02 AM »
Barnabas to Magda:  "I'm afraid of [the hand], afraid it will change Quentin in some way that will affect Chris Jennings in the present."
Wouldn't the effect on Chris Jennings occur in the future?  I'm so confused!

While from the perspective of 1897 Chris would be in the future, Barnabas having gone there from the "present," presumably still thinks of the late 1960s as the present and 1897 is the past.
Josette

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »
Barnabas summoned Charity to come to the cave under Widow's Hill.  But after the hand went on a field trip to cure her and she was once again the pious Charity, Evan advised her that she was in danger of being victimized again by Barnabas and asked her to tell him what else she remembered besides the marks on her neck.  Apparently she then told him what she knew of Barnabas' hiding place.
Oh! Thanks for clearing that up for me, Midnite! I can usually count on you for such things! [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »
Thanks, Josette!  It's always good to see you participating in the episode discussions.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 12:20:03 PM »
What an eventful episode!

And Charity, just about dying from blood loss.
The at-death's-door business seemed unlikely.  After all, Barnabas had been interrupted by Nora in mid-suck, so surely he wouldn't have had time to drink his fill (unlike Sir Walter Scott's stag at eve, but that's another story).  But maybe an interrupted bite (bitus interruptus) can be injurious to your health.

WOW! Nancy's eyes are so very blue.  I don't know if I had noticed how deeply blue there are before.
Yes, I too was noticing the intense blueness, in the close-up of Barrett's eyes as Charity lay on her bed.  Then we got a view of her from another angle, with a different camera, and her eyes looked pale greenish.

I don't knew when Barnabas explained to Magda that he had whooshed into 1897 from 1969, but I do know that she must have surprised to learn that she was part of the past, not part of the present.  I wish I could have heard her comments on the subject.

Evan Hanley, the true student of the dark arts, recognized the legendary Hand of Ozhden on sight, while Quentin the dabbler didn't.  I'll bet Professor Stokes would have recognized it, too.

TOTALLY back to the prudish Charity it seems.  Nice job by NB – you could tell immediately from the voice that Charity was different from the sensual vampire victim.
Yes, back to the prudish Charity, but her horizons have been widened.  She views the Barnabas episode of her life as a giving in to temptation, not as a possession.  I wonder if Tim, with his hidden possibilities, had sensed the hidden possibilities in Charity.