Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0437  (Read 1137 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0437
« on: November 27, 2007, 07:19:07 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0437
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »
When we were watching the beginning of 1795, I remembered today's scene with Vicky and Peter in her jail cell, where she becomes hysterical trying to wake herself out of the nightmare that 1795 has become for her.  I tried, back then, to imagine that she believed that the whole thing was a dream so that it didn't matter what she said.  But it didn't help.  I still thought she was behaving like an idiot.

Trask has abandoned all scruples in his efforts to get Vicky convicted.  I am puzzled by his lack of faith that God will guide the judges to the right verdict.  The one thing he had going for him was his sincerity, and now he's thrown that away.

I like the courtroom set.  It reminds me of the Unitarian church in the town where I grew up, which was built (the church, not the town) around 1815.

The clock on the wall is an Aaron Willard clock, according to the face of it.  I googled on Aaron Willard and found a Wikipedia article on him.  He was a real clockmaker, who lived in Massachusetts from 1757 to 1848.  What interesting times he lived through!

Offline pooter

• from "The Flicks That Church Forgot" podcast
    • View Profile
    • The Church where I am the Minister (no not like Trask!)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »
I quite liked the way Victoria was freaking out. The idea of her secretly hoping it was all a dream and being shocked that she actually wasnt going to wake up was, I felt,  quite a chilling thought.

Also just one thing: not from this episode but a few episodes ago and I cant think which one. Rev Trask is meeting with Barnabas' dad but both of them say they are meeting "either today or tomorrow" What sort of time keeping is that? How can you follow a diary with that sort of vagueness!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 01:07:50 PM »
I thought the "today or tomorrow" business was interesting too, because both Joshua and Trask said exactly the same thing.  It was a concerted vagueness.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »
It was rather chilling for me to watch the scene when Vicki was trying to wake herself up. [santa_shocked] I could imagine myself acting that way, too. This all is a horrible nightmare. [shkdg]

Trask has really turned into an unscrupulous person. [santa_evil] At the beginning, Trask seemed to believe what he was doing and working for the better good.  [santa_rolleyes] Now, he will stoop to anything to get Vicki convicted. I repeat, I hate him! [santa_angry]

That was a dramatic ending when the verdict was read, and Vicki fainted. Another one of the greatest moments on DS. [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 06:07:59 PM »
Vicki told Peter she used to have a lot of nightmares when she was a child, which I suppose might be natural, given the fact she lived in an orphanage without the security of family or parents. Poor thing!

I think Peter did a great job when he was cross-examining Nathan, but I think he would have been more convincing if he would have brought up the possibility that Nathan, feeling rejected by Vicki the first day they met, decided to get his revenge on her by testifying against her.

All I can say about trask, is that I'm very disappointed in him.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »
It was rather chilling for me to watch the scene when Vicki was trying to wake herself up.[santa_angry]

Yes, suddenly things get very real, at that point, and it's alarming.   She really just can't take it anymore.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor