Author Topic: David Selby Shares His Thoughts on the Dark Shadows Movie  (Read 2392 times)

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: David Selby Shares His Thoughts on the Dark Shadows Movie
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »
NODS is beautifully shot.

I agree completely.  Dan Curtis and DP Richard Shore really knew how to use Lyndhurst to full advantage in that film.  While it's essentially just an average supernatural thriller, NODS has style to spare, and superb lighting, framing, and camera angles, at least when it comes to shots involving the house (which is what I mostly concentrate on when watching the movie).

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: David Selby Shares His Thoughts on the Dark Shadows Movie
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »
IMO, I believe the HODS, could have been better if it wasn't a blood bath, and If they were not doing  the TV Show and the movie at the same time. DC was just doing things that I don't think that he could have done on the air.

NODS, I wasn't really impressed by it. But then I saw it when it was late. I would love to see the directors cut of it. That would make a big difference.

It sounds like the new movie is going to be different than the show in some aspects. I will try very hard not to compare the the original show.  It can't be the same, different actors and different time.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate