Author Topic: OT- Moonlight and Peoples Choice Awards Lets hear it for Vampires.  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT- Moonlight and Peoples Choice Awards Lets hear it for Vampires.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 06:22:46 AM »
"Rabid" when referring to DS' fan base is almost as annoying as calling the show "campy."

No kidding.  [sad3]

It's also irritating how they said that the '91 DS series "barely lasted two months," like it was yanked off the air or something when the facts are that it only produced 13 hours, all of which aired - and with the four hour "mini-series" and a fifth hour airing in the space of one week, along with only one preemption, it couldn't have lasted more than two months. But, hey, we learned long ago that many writers love to put their own spin on things, even if it doesn't quite paint a fully accurate picture. Actually, especially when it doesn't.  ::)

But getting back to Moonlight, for anyone who might be interested tvguide.com has posted a brief recap and a few clues (no real spoilers) as to what's coming up. Check out:

TV Show Previews
Moonlight

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: OT- Ratings for Moonlight 4/25/2008
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/64bnjh

Ratings for Moonlight, If you watched you helped.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Nice to see that Moonlight was #1 in its time period for the second week in a row. Though for the most part it wasn't exactly one of my favorite eps (I prefer the more mythology/character relationship centric plots over the ones that focus more on the crimes (well, unless the crimes are somehow related to the mythology/character relationships ;))) - but the ending was quite interesting, especially the way the situation shifted back and forth a few times in the space of a few minutes. But, hey - not even Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel had great eps every week...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
The end with the DA and the pictures, will make some interesting things happen.
Put that will bring a conflict. Mick did save his life. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
tvguide.com's part 2 has finally been posted: VIDEO: Moonlight's Alex Answers More of Your Questions

Alex also appears in this video from tvguide.com's sexiest stars feature: TV's Sexiest Stars: Julianne Hough and Alex O'Loughlin

(And as a side note I'm pissed right now because for some odd reason my DVR stopped recording during the midpoint commercial break of tonight's ep and I missed recording 11 minutes before I noticed and restarted it recording again.  [ghost_mad]  Very weird because it's never done that before. But thanks to the availability of online viewing, I'll be able to catch the missing part on cbs.com once tonight's ep is posted...)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: OT- Moonlight Ratings 5/9/2008
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/4pedlr

Ratings for 5/9/2008, thanks for everyone that watches

If you can't watch please record.  Still needs a new

season announcement.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, coming in first in its time period for the third week in a row should go a long way into getting the series that second season.  [ghost_wink]  And I have to say that now that I've had the chance to watch the entire ep, it was not only an improvement over last week's, it was the type I most enjoy from the series...

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Many of the Moonlight fans have been going over to CBS, and other sponser site to say they
like the show and thank you for supporting the show. By the commercials it looks like they are
going for the Boomers and the younger kids. For instance Ativia and Jamie Lee Curtis.  [ghost_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Hate to be the one to post bad news about the series-don't kill the messenger but it appears CBS may cancel the show. Let's hope they don't.

http://weblogs.variety.com/on_the_air/2008/05/upfronts-moonli.html

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It would certainly be a shame if CBS does cancel the show. And they certainly may because, even though Moonlight has come in first in its time period for the past three weeks, its ratings drop significantly from Ghost Whisperer and Numbers' ratings rebound to almost always be higher than GW's - and networks often tend to not like that, no matter how well the dropping show may actually rank. For example, insanely in many people's opinions, NBC has canceled Top 10 programs simply because their ratings were lower than the show that preceded them and the show that followed.

On the other hand, if the debacle with the '04 DS pilot taught us anything, it should be not to necessarily believe almost anything so-called "insiders" say because more insiders than I can even recall now felt it was a shoe-in for a pickup (some actually "sneaked" schedules that showed what night and time DS was going to appear on the WB), but we all know how things actually played out.  [ghost_azn]  So...

Interestingly, if CBS does indeed cancel Moonlight in favor of The Unit, that might very well be another situation that many people will think is insane because Moonlight's advertiser-loving 18-49 demos are quite high, whereas The Unit's are practically nonexistent.  [ghost_huh]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently there are conflicting "insider" reports (though no surprise there.):

Upfront Buzz: Live from NYC says "Moonlight is likely to receive a pickup."

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow Kristen vs. Variety. I would place my money on Kristen. How dare these insiders play with our minds. 1/2 jk I just don't know about CBS. They cancelled Close to Home which if I remember correctly had ratings very close to GW's and they cancelled that one too. Hate to be a betting person with these network "executives". I have to be nice here.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Wow Kristen vs. Variety. I would place my money on Kristen. How dare these insiders play with our minds. 1/2 jk

The sad thing is that Variety is not the definitive breaking news site/source that it once was. Kristen (along with tvguide.com's Michael Ausiello and Matt Mitovich) frequently breaks news exclusively before Variety gets anywhere near it. And something is seriously wrong in a world where a site the likes of E! Online can get legitimate news out before the more reputable sites can. That's practically akin to the National Enquierer scoping the likes of The New York Times or The Washington Post on matters of presidential policy and national security.  [ghost_huh]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Oh no now Kristin is acknowledging that the prospects of the show making it to another season may be turning negative-1st and 4th article as of this writing.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/index.jsp