Author Topic: Hmmm...I missed itI  (Read 757 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Hmmm...I missed itI
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:53:05 PM »
Unless I have SERIOUS DSFMS, I missed the ep [spoiler] where Joshua couldn't shoot Barn; instead, he had Ben chain Barn's coffin & put it in the secret room. [/spoiler]

Which ep is this?

(I'll never forget, two box discs before, I saw it was 1968!! )

[gramophone] [gramophone] [gramophone]

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm...I missed itI
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:57:14 PM »
....and speaking of DSFMS, I would've put money that Barnabas was driving the car when the accident happened.

Why was Peter/Jeff/Dirk wearing a nice man's dress coat coming out of the woods?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:18:12 PM »
Unless I have SERIOUS DSFMS, I missed the ep [spoiler] where Joshua couldn't shoot Barn; instead, he had Ben chain Barn's coffin & put it in the secret room. [/spoiler]

Which ep is this?

It's the same ep. They don't actually show Joshua go to do it, they simply talk about it.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 03:25:03 PM »
....and speaking of DSFMS, I would've put money that Barnabas was driving the car when the accident happened.

Nope - it's Vicki.

Why was Peter/Jeff/Dirk wearing a nice man's dress coat coming out of the woods?

All the better for the women at home to see the coat and think the man in their life would look good in it and to bring them to Ohrback's to buy it. Don't forget the stores like Ohrback's didn't simply provide clothes out of the goodness of their hearts - they wanted advertising and to get people at home to hopefully like what they saw the characters on the shows wearing and to go to the store to buy what they saw...

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 02:46:09 PM »
But isn't there an ep where, when Barn isn't around, Joshua tells Ben to chain up his coffin?

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »
But isn't there an ep where, when Barn isn't around, Joshua tells Ben to chain up his coffin?

Yup, Ep #460 - that's the ep I was referring to. Joshua simply talks about not being about to shoot Barnabas and then he orders Ben to chain Barnabas in his coffin. It's also the same ep in which Vicki is taken out into the courtyard to be hanged.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 11:48:18 PM »
Don't forget the stores like Ohrback's didn't simply provide clothes out of the goodness of their hearts - they wanted advertising and to get people at home to hopefully like what they saw the characters on the shows wearing and to go to the store to buy what they saw...

For the last 40 years, I had been thinking that I actually bought a suit at Ohrbach's. But it turns out that it was "Orbach's", a store based in Oklahoma whose name lacked the peripatetic "h" from the name of our beloved DS fashion supplier.