Author Topic: Boris Karloff Presents Thriller Comes to DVD--Diana Millay a guest star/I got it  (Read 1086 times)

David

Just got my beautifully packaged box set of Thriller: the complete series (as sure as my name is Boris Karloff.....)
14 DVDs!
Diana Millay's episode is called Man in a Cage. The menu said this episode includes an original promo.
I'll watch later and post some comments.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I see William Shatner is on that disk too! I just added it to my Netflix queue.

David

I just watched the William Shatner episode: it's called The Grim Reaper and it's creepy! Natalie Shaefer (Mrs. Howell on Gilligan) is also in it, giving a serious performance!

Diana's episode is one of several crime thriller stories they did early in the first season, until audience demand caused them to go for only the spook stuff--just like another show we know!
Diana's role is smaller than her billing implies. She's in her late 20s and is quite stunning.
She plays her role with a quasi "midlantic" accent--not quite British, not quite American.

Though not remastered, the episode quality is very good.
Nice to have this wonderful series back: it hasn't aired in nearly 20 years as far as I know.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
There are two disks with William Shatner, according to Netflix. He has an episode on 4 and 8. I didn't see the one with Natalie Schaefer until it was mentioned on this thread.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Nice to have this wonderful series back: it hasn't aired in nearly 20 years as far as I know.

The SciFi channel showed them all in order in the 1990s-- I'm told it was during the late 90s-- and I believe they aired in Canada on another cable channel as well.

David

Sci Fi ran them in 93/94, plus I just found out that a local channel in Chicago with an all retro schedule is showing it now.
The Chicago channel calls itself ME TV--gotta get that one on sattelite!

David

OMG! ME TV is going national--already on 2 stations outside Chicago!
Hope we get it here in SF & I hope they pick up DS & Thriller--they already have Twilight Zone!

Check out:
www.METVNetwork.com

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Hi  David  Cool   can't  wait  to hear  your  comments  on it.   I like  Boris Karloff  he was good  in all those  movies.
He  would be  great as  one of the caretakers  on  DS.    Love   Anne  [snow_kiss]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Shatner's other Thriller episode is called, The Hungry Glass". It is my all time fave Thriller episode.
I purchased the DVDs a couple months ago. Loving them!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

David

Annie, Karloff was still alive & working when they did 1795--why didn't they get him to play the judge at Vicki's trial?
Considering what the show became, cameos from Boris, Vincent Price, Lon Chaney Jr, Peter Cushing & Christopher Lee should have been a given.
The press alone would have paid for the actor fees!

David

Anyone who checks out this series: be sure to watch Pigeons From Hell.
No connection to DS or Shatner, but man, is it scary!

An interesting footnote about the two Shatner eps: in both of them, he co-stars with cast members from Gilligan:
Natalie Schaefer in Grim Reaper & Russell Johnson in Hungry Glass.