Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0455  (Read 718 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0455
« on: May 11, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
Robservations #455

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0455

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Good thing the bullet stopped at Noah Gifford, and didn't reach Daniel who was standing right behind him.  Good thing Noah squeezed in that statement of intent to murder, just before dying, so we wouldn't blame Vicki.   He had been very reluctant to kill up until then, and might have meant to go some third way, that would have seemed to satisfy Forbes temporarily, while keeping Daniel alive.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:38:15 PM »
Naomi is wearing her beautiful gown of vermillion velvet with oyster satin.

Very nice scene at the beginning with Vicki and Daniel in the secret room as they wait for Nathan to leave. Although her left shoulder is hurt, Vicki holds the gun in her left hand. Finally, they hear Nathan open the gate and then close it behind him as he leaves. Quietly Daniel tells Vicki about being kidnapped by a stranger and escaping. Nice bit of writing here--charmingly and typical of a small boy, he starts every sentence with "and".

Daniel offers to warn Peter that Nathan is at Collinwood. I'm old enough to do it, David says resolutely.

Meanwhile, Naomi tells Nathan that Daniel has been missing all day. Nathan comments, Perhaps the witch has him now, since she escaped from prison. Naomi strenuously protests Vicki's innocence. Nathan makes light of Daniel's disappearance, but Naomi after all had a son of her own. I know that boys always come home for supper, she declares, but Daniel has not. I have Riggs and Ben out looking for Daniel now--while you sit comfortably here. What are you going to tell Millicent about Daniel? Nathan insists on not saying anything. Eventually and reluctantly, he agrees to join the search.

Naomi is shocked that Vicki is in such dire straits and immediately resolves to help.

I haven't seen this ep. in years, but on top of her governessing skills, Vicki must be a dead shot if she managed to shoot Noah dead while he was holding Daniel in front of him.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »
It seems to me that there was a bit of distance, not much, between Noah and Daniel, maybe a foot or two, and Daniel was on the other side of Noah from Vicki's position, with his back to her, which helped.   Maybe Gifford was holding David though, since why wouldn't Daniel just run?   Anyway, Daniel's lucky the bullet stopped with Noah.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:58:16 AM »
In another bit of insanity, the fugitives decide to wait until Vickie's arm is better. Why? Throw her in the back of a wagon and hit the road.
Joshua is suddenly in Boston with all that his going on.
Daniel leaves and Noah gets him. Vickie shoots Noah in the back and he is dead. Vickie screams and Nathan finds Peter with the gun. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 05:57:59 AM »
Nice crisp print. This episode made me think of a typical DS episode. Everything was suspenseful but just under the falling off the edge of your seat line. I liked this episode because of it. So happy Naomi is now involved. A real nail-biter! Wow, Vicki is a murderer. Forbes busts Peter as Noah murderer when we can see that just off camera Nathan is standing there able to see Vicki - but oh well.